Do we want to do a PGDay at LISA '08?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
PGers,

Given the tremendous success Josh D. has had at placing (and running, to
date) PostgreSQL days at open source conferences, do we want to do one
at LISA08?  Deadline to apply is May 20th.

If we don't do that, we may just want a couple of speakers and a booth.

Thoughts?  Can we pull this off?

http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa08/

--Josh

Re: Do we want to do a PGDay at LISA '08?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> PGers,
>
> Given the tremendous success Josh D. has had at placing (and running, to
> date) PostgreSQL days at open source conferences, do we want to do one
> at LISA08?  Deadline to apply is May 20th.
>
> If we don't do that, we may just want a couple of speakers and a booth.
>
> Thoughts?  Can we pull this off?
>
> http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa08/

Oh, for people who don't follow links: Nov 9-14 in San Diego.

--Josh

Re: Do we want to do a PGDay at LISA '08?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> PGers,
>
> Given the tremendous success Josh D. has had at placing (and running, to
> date) PostgreSQL days at open source conferences,

Thank you for the acknowledgments but let's not forget Selena who has
also been a critical part of the success.

> do we want to do one
> at LISA08?  Deadline to apply is May 20th.
>
> If we don't do that, we may just want a couple of speakers and a booth.

Well we will have a booth. I have already committed us to it, even if it
is just me in a blue shirt :P

> Thoughts?  Can we pull this off?
>
> http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa08/

Sure. We have already been invited. I see no reason why we couldn't pull
something off.

Joshua D. Drake

Date:
> Thank you for the acknowledgments but let's not forget Selena who has
> also been a critical part of the success.

Ooops, sorry Selena!  You know I appreciate you.  ;-)

--Josh

Re: Do we want to do a PGDay at LISA '08?

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 19:45 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > PGers,
> >
> > Given the tremendous success Josh D. has had at placing (and running, to
> > date) PostgreSQL days at open source conferences,
>
> Thank you for the acknowledgments but let's not forget Selena who has
> also been a critical part of the success.

Well done, both.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Do we want to do a PGDay at LISA '08?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> Well we will have a booth. I have already committed us to it, even if it
> is just me in a blue shirt :P

Since I'm not quite sure what the level of interest in PostgreSQL at
LISA will be, or how many speakers we have in SD,  I shied off from a
full workshop day.  Also, because of pgCon activities, I missed the
deadline by 48 hours.

However, I have proposed a BOF, an HTGR session, and a The Guru Is In
session.

--Josh Berkus

Re: Do we want to do a PGDay at LISA '08?

From
Dan Langille
Date:
On May 22, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Josh,
>
>> Well we will have a booth. I have already committed us to it, even
>> if it is just me in a blue shirt :P
>
> Since I'm not quite sure what the level of interest in PostgreSQL
> at LISA will be, or how many speakers we have in SD,  I shied off
> from a full workshop day.  Also, because of pgCon activities, I
> missed the deadline by 48 hours.
>
> However, I have proposed a BOF, an HTGR session, and a The Guru Is
> In session.

FWIW, I may be there.

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/
dan@langille.org

Re: Do we want to do a PGDay at LISA '08?

From
"Richard Broersma"
Date:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Dan Langille <dan@langille.org> wrote:

>>> Oh, for people who don't follow links: Nov 9-14 in San Diego.
>>
>> However, I have proposed a BOF, an HTGR session, and a The Guru Is In
>> session.
>

> FWIW, I may be there.

I can probably attend this also.  I'll also bring it up at the next
PUG meeting to see if anyone else wouldn't mind taking a trip down to
San Diego.

Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug