A Postgres Song

From
"Kaare Rasmussen"
Date:
With apologies to Messrs Gilbert and Sullivan...
http://use.perl.org/~grantm/journal/35855

(As always, apologies if it's been brought here already)

Re: A Postgres Song

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 07/03/2008 10:00, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> With apologies to Messrs Gilbert and Sullivan...
> http://use.perl.org/~grantm/journal/35855

I love it!

To scan properly, it depends on you pronouncing "SQL" as "Se-quel"
rather than "S-Q-L"...that tripped me up at first. :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: A Postgres Song

From
Chris Browne
Date:
rod@iol.ie ("Raymond O'Donnell") writes:
> On 07/03/2008 10:00, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
>
>> With apologies to Messrs Gilbert and Sullivan...
>> http://use.perl.org/~grantm/journal/35855
>
> I love it!
>
> To scan properly, it depends on you pronouncing "SQL" as "Se-quel"
> rather than "S-Q-L"...that tripped me up at first. :-)

Ditto.

Brilliant, indeed.  I'm going to have to find an .mp3 of the
appropriate orchestration...
--
"cbbrowne","@","acm.org"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/emacs.html

Re: A Postgres Song

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Christopher,

On Friday 7 March 2008 10:49, Chris Browne wrote:
> > To scan properly, it depends on you pronouncing "SQL" as "Se-quel"
> > rather than "S-Q-L"...that tripped me up at first. :-)
>
> Ditto.
>
> Brilliant, indeed.  I'm going to have to find an .mp3 of the
> appropriate orchestration...

Does that mean you're going to organize a choir?

robert

Re: A Postgres Song

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Robert Bernier wrote:
> Christopher,
>
> On Friday 7 March 2008 10:49, Chris Browne wrote:
> > > To scan properly, it depends on you pronouncing "SQL" as "Se-quel"
> > > rather than "S-Q-L"...that tripped me up at first. :-)
> >
> > Ditto.
> >
> > Brilliant, indeed.  I'm going to have to find an .mp3 of the
> > appropriate orchestration...
>
> Does that mean you're going to organize a choir?

Or a Karaoke contest?

Re: A Postgres Song

From
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Date:
On 08/03/2008, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:

>  To scan properly, it depends on you pronouncing "SQL" as "Se-quel"
>  rather than "S-Q-L"...that tripped me up at first. :-)
Aye, but that's easily fixed:

My indexes will cope with SeQuel that is pathological
My indexes will cope with EsQueueEl that's pathological

;}

>  Ray.
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.