Boston PUG? Philly?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Selena,

When we threw the NYPUG, we got a fair amount of interest in a Boston meeting.
Could we set up a Boston PUG mailing list and/or page and see if they can
organize something?

Mark, Larry, are either of you willing to take ownership of the mailing list?

Second, I notice that there's Philadelphia meetings going on but no actual
Philly PUG page.  Is this something we should change?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: Boston PUG? Philly?

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Selena,
>
> When we threw the NYPUG, we got a fair amount of interest in a Boston meeting.
> Could we set up a Boston PUG mailing list and/or page and see if they can
> organize something?
>
> Mark, Larry, are either of you willing to take ownership of the mailing list?
>
> Second, I notice that there's Philadelphia meetings going on but no actual
> Philly PUG page.  Is this something we should change?

I think Derek from EDB is trying to put something together, CC'ing him.

Re: Boston PUG? Philly?

From
Larry Grant
Date:
Gang,

I have no problem maintaining a mailing list. I run two model train
shows a year so I'm used to keeping vendor and attendee lists but if
anyone else wants to, they're more than welcome.

Lar

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> Selena,
>>
>> When we threw the NYPUG, we got a fair amount of interest in a Boston meeting.
>> Could we set up a Boston PUG mailing list and/or page and see if they can
>> organize something?
>>
>> Mark, Larry, are either of you willing to take ownership of the mailing list?
>>
>> Second, I notice that there's Philadelphia meetings going on but no actual
>> Philly PUG page.  Is this something we should change?
>>

> I think Derek from EDB is trying to put something together, CC'ing him.

Re: Boston PUG? Philly?

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
Hi Lar,

On Feb 13, 2008 10:48 AM, Larry Grant <Lawrence.Grant@sun.com> wrote:
> Gang,
>
> I have no problem maintaining a mailing list. I run two model train
> shows a year so I'm used to keeping vendor and attendee lists but if
> anyone else wants to, they're more than welcome.

Thanks for volunteering!  Which location are you volunteering for?  Boston?

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group

Re: Boston PUG? Philly?

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
On Feb 13, 2008 10:36 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> > Second, I notice that there's Philadelphia meetings going on but no actual
> > Philly PUG page.  Is this something we should change?
>
> I think Derek from EDB is trying to put something together, CC'ing him.

Derek volunteered for NYPUG.

-selena

--

Date:
On Feb 13, 2008 10:24 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Second, I notice that there's Philadelphia meetings going on but no actual
> Philly PUG page.  Is this something we should change?

Who would be the contact for Philadelphia?

thanks!!
-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group
http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx
http://www.chesnok.com/daily

Re: Boston PUG? Philly?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

> I think Derek from EDB is trying to put something together, CC'ing him.

I'd rather have an actual Philly person adminning the Philly list.  Gavin?
Bruce?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Boston PUG? Philly?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Selena,

> I'd rather have an actual Philly person adminning the Philly list.
> Gavin? Bruce?

Gavin Roy has volunteered.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Boston PUG? Philly?

From
Bob Zurek
Date:
I'd be more than happy to assist on this as I live in the Boston metro area.
Let me know how I can help.

Bob Zurek