8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

Our first article, thanks to our Swedish regional contact Magnus, is in
Swedish:  http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.143620

Post other links to coverage on this thread!  Thanks.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
On Feb 4, 2008 6:10 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Our first article, thanks to our Swedish regional contact Magnus, is in
> Swedish:  http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.143620
>
> Post other links to coverage on this thread!  Thanks.

The Register: http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/02/04/postresql_record_update/

/D

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
Jeff Davis
Date:
On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 10:10 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Our first article, thanks to our Swedish regional contact Magnus, is in
> Swedish:  http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.143620
>
> Post other links to coverage on this thread!  Thanks.

Slashdot:

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/04/1849201

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
"Charles Duffy"
Date:
> Post other links to coverage on this thread!  Thanks.

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;883253935

Charles Duffy.

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
"Harald Armin Massa"

> The Register: http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/02/04/postresql_record_update/

"Version 8.3 of the sturdy alternative to MySQL "

being a non-native speaker I had to google up "sturdy", then it really
felt good:

1 a: firmly built or constituted
 c: sound in design or execution : substantial

Maybe that can be put into the awards-section of the FAQ :)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare

Date:
On Feb 5, 2008 10:42 AM, Harald Armin Massa <haraldarminmassa@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The Register: http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/02/04/postresql_record_update/
> >
> "Version 8.3 of the sturdy alternative to MySQL "
>
> being a non-native speaker I had to google up "sturdy", then it really
> felt good:

Yeah, the Register do have an interesting way of phrasing things.

/D

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 10:10:17AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Our first article, thanks to our Swedish regional contact Magnus, is in
> Swedish:  http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.143620
>
> Post other links to coverage on this thread!  Thanks.

We've now hit the frontpage of Computer Sweden, which is the largest IT
news site in Sweden (previously we were just in their open source section):
http://computersweden.idg.se/2.2683/1.143724

With a couple of nice quotes from Dennis :-)

//Magnus

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
More US coverage:

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9864854-39.html

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/02/postgresql-83-o.html

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;883253935

> We've now hit the frontpage of Computer Sweden, which is the largest IT
> news site in Sweden (previously we were just in their open source section):
> http://computersweden.idg.se/2.2683/1.143724
>

> With a couple of nice quotes from Dennis :-)

Hmmm.  Can you translate this?

--Josh

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
"Ashish Mehra"
Date:
Some coverage from India

Regards,
Ashish Mehra

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
Jussi Mikkola
Date:
Finland

http://www.tietokone.fi/uutta/uutinen.asp?news_id=32697&tyyppi=1

Rgs,

Jussi

Josh Berkus wrote:
> More US coverage:
>
> http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9864854-39.html
>
> http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/02/postgresql-83-o.html
>
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;883253935
>
>> We've now hit the frontpage of Computer Sweden, which is the largest IT
>> news site in Sweden (previously we were just in their open source
>> section):
>> http://computersweden.idg.se/2.2683/1.143724
>>

>> With a couple of nice quotes from Dennis :-)
>
> Hmmm.  Can you translate this?
>
> --Josh

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
Martin
Date:
In article <200802041010.18272.josh@agliodbs.com>,
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>Post other links to coverage on this thread!  Thanks.

Information Week:

 http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206105528

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Josh Berkus a écrit :
> [...]
> Post other links to coverage on this thread!  Thanks.

GNU/Linux Magazine France is one of the greatest french paper magazine
about GNU/Linux. PostgreSQL 8.3 is on the front page for this month's issue:

http://www.unixgarden.com/index.php/news/gnulinux-magazine-103-mars-2008-chez-votre-marchand-de-journaux

I wrote the four pages article available in this issue and I hope more
articles will be available in future ones.

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: 8.3 Press Coverage -- post links here

From
"Walter Cruz"