Font name

From
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Date:
Hello all,

can someone tell me please the font name used for "PostgreSQL" on the
main website? And if it's a specific font not available as example in
OpenOffice, where i can download this font.

Thanks

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: Font name

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:20:28AM +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> can someone tell me please the font name used for "PostgreSQL" on the
> main website? And if it's a specific font not available as example in
> OpenOffice, where i can download this font.

Check the "fonts" section of the pgweb readme:

https://pgweb.postgresql.org/browser/trunk/portal/README

//Magnus

Re: Font name

From
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Date:
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> can someone tell me please the font name used for "PostgreSQL" on the
> main website? And if it's a specific font not available as example in
> OpenOffice, where i can download this font.

It seems to be Arial but the Q is a little different. Maybe it's another
font?

--
   Euler Taveira de Oliveira
   http://www.timbira.com/

Re: Font name

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
On Jan 25, 2008 11:19 AM, Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com> wrote:
> Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>
> > can someone tell me please the font name used for "PostgreSQL" on the
> > main website? And if it's a specific font not available as example in
> > OpenOffice, where i can download this font.
> >
> It seems to be Arial but the Q is a little different. Maybe it's another
> font?

The font is called Strait. The text for the logo also had some kerning
adjustment.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group

Re: Font name

From
Christian Voelker
Date:
Hello,

Am 25.01.2008 um 01:20 schrieb Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum:

> can someone tell me please the font name used for "PostgreSQL" on the
> main website? And if it's a specific font not available as example in
> OpenOffice, where i can download this font.

I cant answer your question, but I want to point you to this great tool:

<http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/>

Bye, Christian

Re: Font name

From
Decibel!
Date:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:20:28AM +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> can someone tell me please the font name used for "PostgreSQL" on the
> main website? And if it's a specific font not available as example in
> OpenOffice, where i can download this font.

My understanding is that it's a fairly obscure font that Tom's wife has.
If you want the logo you're best off just using the logo.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

Re: Font name

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Decibel! wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:20:28AM +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>> can someone tell me please the font name used for "PostgreSQL" on the
>> main website? And if it's a specific font not available as example in
>> OpenOffice, where i can download this font.
>
> My understanding is that it's a fairly obscure font that Tom's wife has.
> If you want the logo you're best off just using the logo.

No, that's the one used in the headlines, not the logo. And it's not
particularly obscure, it's just commercially licensed.

//Magnus