inaccuracy in presskit 8.3

From
"Pavel Stehule"
Date:
Hello

there is

PostgreSQL supports Table Functions. But it isn't true. This patch
wasn't committed.

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Re: inaccuracy in presskit 8.3

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Pavel Stehule escribió:
> Hello
>
> there is
>
> PostgreSQL supports Table Functions. But it isn't true. This patch
> wasn't committed.

A patch based on yours was committed by Neil:

    * doc/src/sgml/plpgsql.sgml (1.116), src/pl/plpgsql/src/gram.y
      (1.105), src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c (1.199),
      src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_funcs.c (1.63),
      src/pl/plpgsql/src/plpgsql.h (1.91), src/pl/plpgsql/src/scan.l
      (1.58), src/test/regress/expected/plpgsql.out (1.58),
      src/test/regress/sql/plpgsql.sql (1.49):

Implement RETURN QUERY for PL/PgSQL. This provides some convenient syntax
sugar for PL/PgSQL set-returning functions that want to return the result
of evaluating a query; it should also be more efficient than repeated
RETURN NEXT statements. Based on an earlier patch from Pavel Stehule.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values

Re: inaccuracy in presskit 8.3

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 22:22 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> A patch based on yours was committed by Neil:

Although we didn't get to the "RETURNS TABLE" syntax that Pavel would
like. The feature "Table Function Support" is somewhat misleading,
although the subsequent description ("PL/pgSQL ... now supports a
simplified syntax for row-returning functions") is accurate.

-Neil

Date:
On 02/12/2007, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Pavel Stehule escribió:
> > Hello
> >
> > there is
> >
> > PostgreSQL supports Table Functions. But it isn't true. This patch
> > wasn't committed.
>
> A patch based on yours was committed by Neil:

>     * doc/src/sgml/plpgsql.sgml (1.116), src/pl/plpgsql/src/gram.y
>       (1.105), src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c (1.199),
>       src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_funcs.c (1.63),
>       src/pl/plpgsql/src/plpgsql.h (1.91), src/pl/plpgsql/src/scan.l
>       (1.58), src/test/regress/expected/plpgsql.out (1.58),
>       src/test/regress/sql/plpgsql.sql (1.49):
>
> Implement RETURN QUERY for PL/PgSQL. This provides some convenient syntax
> sugar for PL/PgSQL set-returning functions that want to return the result
> of evaluating a query; it should also be more efficient than repeated
> RETURN NEXT statements. Based on an earlier patch from Pavel Stehule.

Table functions are defined in standard

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION blbla(params)
RETURNS TABLE(cols) AS ...

I thing, so we can use name for this feature "Return Query" and it's correct.

Pavel

Re: inaccuracy in presskit 8.3

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Pavel,

> I thing, so we can use name for this feature "Return Query" and it's correct.

OK, I'll try to get out a correction.  No promises on the translations,
of course ... some translations are already done.

This is in features83.html, yes?

--Josh

Date:
On 03/12/2007, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Pavel,
>
> > I thing, so we can use name for this feature "Return Query" and it's correct.
>
> OK, I'll try to get out a correction.  No promises on the translations,
> of course ... some translations are already done.
>
> This is in features83.html, yes?

yes
Pavel