8.3 release, writers wanted!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

I've started serious work on the 8.3 release draft.  You can find a lot
of additonal text here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/8.3release#8.3_Release_Draft

I could really, really use some help with drafting.  I'm running out of
new hyperbole with which to extol PostgreSQL; new blood/talent would help.

--Josh

Re: 8.3 release, writers wanted!

From
Chris Browne
Date:
josh@agliodbs.com (Josh Berkus) writes:
> I've started serious work on the 8.3 release draft.  You can find a
> lot of additonal text here:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/8.3release#8.3_Release_Draft
>
> I could really, really use some help with drafting.  I'm running out
> of new hyperbole with which to extol PostgreSQL; new blood/talent
> would help.

I've done a "quick once-over" on it; it now has the buzzword
"autonomous," which is one of the "Keen 2007 Terms."
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "cbbrowne.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/linuxdistributions.html

Re: 8.3 release, writers wanted!

From
Bill Moran
Date:

> Folks,
>
> I've started serious work on the 8.3 release draft.  You can find a lot
> of additonal text here:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/8.3release#8.3_Release_Draft
>
> I could really, really use some help with drafting.  I'm running out of
> new hyperbole with which to extol PostgreSQL; new blood/talent would help.

I don't know, Josh.  Seems to me that you've mastered the tasteful use of
hyperbole.

If I were writing the thing, it would comment on how I lost weight when I
switched 8.3 and women began to take an interest in me ...

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Re: 8.3 release, writers wanted!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Bill,

> If I were writing the thing, it would comment on how I lost weight when I
> switched 8.3 and women began to take an interest in me ...

And how you made $10,000 per week, working in your spare time, and your ...
ahem ... staff got 3" longer?  Also how you got a mysterious inheritance from
the Nigerian Prime Minister?

I actually saw a conference CfP which was worded like that.  It was a kick.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun