mysql community miserable about OSCON 2007

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
One of the guys discovered these two links during our bof last night in
Portland (oscon):

http://arjen-lentz.livejournal.com/92348.html

and

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2007/07/26/mysql-on-oscon/

It's interesting to note in one of the blogs they characterized the PostgreSQL
booth as being manned by an "army of technical guys".

Re: mysql community miserable about OSCON 2007

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Robert Bernier wrote:
> One of the guys discovered these two links during our bof last night in
> Portland (oscon):
>
> http://arjen-lentz.livejournal.com/92348.html

Well finally these guys have humour. Apparently you need this badly when
using MySQL....

Regards,
Andreas

Re: mysql community miserable about OSCON 2007

From
Chris Bell
Date:
It was great meeting everyone at the PostgreSQL booth - it was nice to
finally put some faces with names.  The best part, though, was seeing
the high level of interest in PostgreSQL among OSCON attendees.

Chris

Chris Bell
EnterpriseDB Corporation

On Jul 27, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Robert Bernier <robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca
 > wrote:

> One of the guys discovered these two links during our bof last night
> in
> Portland (oscon):
>
> http://arjen-lentz.livejournal.com/92348.html
>
> and
>
> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2007/07/26/mysql-on-oscon/
>
> It's interesting to note in one of the blogs they characterized the
> PostgreSQL
> booth as being manned by an "army of technical guys".

Re: mysql community miserable about OSCON 2007

From
Michael Brewer
Date:
I see (from searching Flickr for "OSCON PostgreSQL") that the MySQL
guys still have their sense of humor about them:

http://flickr.com/photos/rexb/960979023/

(I'm guessing he's a MySQL guy from this picture of his:
http://flickr.com/photos/rexb/901581251/ )

If any of y'all have pictures of the booth (and have Flickr accounts),
you might want to go ahead and post them (so that others searching for
OSCON and PostgreSQL won't get confused ;) ).

---Michael Brewer
mbrewer@gmail.com