Live CDs ordered

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

I have ordered the live cds. I ordered 1000. Last time I ordered 2500
and although the pricing was good we didn't end up using nearly all of
them. I figure we will need 600-700 for OSCON + LWE. Which leaves 300
for other shows.

I know we have Linux Ontario, FOSSCON and a couple of others coming up...

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Live CDs ordered

From
"Guido Barosio"
Date:
There will be an event at Buenos Aires near October, where can I get
the ISO in order to burn out these Live cds ?

gb.-

On 6/28/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have ordered the live cds. I ordered 1000. Last time I ordered 2500
> and although the pricing was good we didn't end up using nearly all of
> them. I figure we will need 600-700 for OSCON + LWE. Which leaves 300
> for other shows.
>
> I know we have Linux Ontario, FOSSCON and a couple of others coming up...
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

> --
>
>        === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
> Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
>               http://www.commandprompt.com/
>
> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
> PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

Guido Barosio
-----------------------
http://www.globant.com
guido.barosio@globant.com

Re: Live CDs ordered

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Hi Guido

On Thursday 28 June 2007 15:42, Guido Barosio wrote:
> There will be an event at Buenos Aires near October, where can I get
> the ISO in order to burn out these Live cds ?

The url is: http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Library;SUBM=10101

Alternatively I could supply you with an ISO that goes straight into Spanish
or Portuguese. Is there a Spanish /  Portuguese translation of the postgres
references? If so I could put it on and make it the default documentation.

Robert

Re: Live CDs ordered

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Robert Bernier escribió:
> Hi Guido
>
> On Thursday 28 June 2007 15:42, Guido Barosio wrote:
> > There will be an event at Buenos Aires near October, where can I get
> > the ISO in order to burn out these Live cds ?
>
> The url is: http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Library;SUBM=10101
>
> Alternatively I could supply you with an ISO that goes straight into Spanish
> or Portuguese. Is there a Spanish /  Portuguese translation of the postgres
> references? If so I could put it on and make it the default documentation.

No, there isn't a spanish translation of the docs, but it would be nice
to have a livecd which defaulted to the spanish locale.

Re: Live CDs ordered

From
"Guido Barosio"
Date:
Thanks Robert!

--
Guido Barosio
-----------------------

Re: Live CDs ordered

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Thursday 28 June 2007 16:16, Robert Bernier wrote:
> Hi Guido
>
> On Thursday 28 June 2007 15:42, Guido Barosio wrote:
> > There will be an event at Buenos Aires near October, where can I get
> > the ISO in order to burn out these Live cds ?
>
> The url is: http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Library;SUBM=10101
>
> Alternatively I could supply you with an ISO that goes straight into
> Spanish or Portuguese. Is there a Spanish /  Portuguese translation of the
> postgres references? If so I could put it on and make it the default
> documentation.

If your convention is in October, you should try to hold off on CD creation as
long as you can... we might actually have released 8.3 by that point, so
you'll probably wanted updated cd's if you can get them.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Live CDs ordered

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Thursday 28 June 2007 16:16, Robert Bernier wrote:
>> Hi Guido
>>
>> On Thursday 28 June 2007 15:42, Guido Barosio wrote:
>>> There will be an event at Buenos Aires near October, where can I get
>>> the ISO in order to burn out these Live cds ?
>> The url is: http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Library;SUBM=10101
>>
>> Alternatively I could supply you with an ISO that goes straight into
>> Spanish or Portuguese. Is there a Spanish /  Portuguese translation of the
>> postgres references? If so I could put it on and make it the default
>> documentation.
>>

> If your convention is in October, you should try to hold off on CD creation as
> long as you can... we might actually have released 8.3 by that point, so
> you'll probably wanted updated cd's if you can get them.

Which is exactly why we only ordered 1000 :)

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Live CDs ordered

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

As soon as you get these I need 100 to send to LWE-SF to mail out to
their startup VIP list.   Hmmm ... I suppose you could do that.  I'd
like to also mail some fact sheets or business case docs with them ...
when will we have these printed?

--Josh

Re: Live CDs ordered

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
jd@commandprompt.com ("Joshua D. Drake") writes:
> I know we have Linux Ontario, FOSSCON and a couple of others coming up...

Add in Ohio Linuxfest, too...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxfinances.info';
http://linuxfinances.info/info/emacs.html

Re: Live CDs ordered

From
"Guido Barosio"
Date:
Ah, good spot! Will visit Starbucks and came back later.

:-)

gb.-

--
Guido Barosio