T-shirts situation

From
"Gabriele Bartolini"
Date:
Hi guys,

   thanks to a donation, at the moment we need about 1600 euro still
in order to raise the money for the 500 t-shirts of PostgreSQL. The
Italian Group is waiting for funds from local authorities and
companies and at the moment we cannot afford to pay for the whole
amount or anticipate the money in any case. First we need to put that
in money in the PGDay organisation.

   We are setting up a system for pre-sell of t-shirts, but it is not enough.

   Josh was talking about involving the SPI for co-founding the
expense. Any hope with that? Also, are there any European companies
that are willing to sponsor the shirts? We (as Prato Linux User Group)
can invoice the donations that can be then deducted for tax purposes.

   PGDay is close. :)

   For more information about the donations initiative:
http://www.prato.linux.it/node/30

   Thank you.

Ciao,
Gabriele

Re: T-shirts situation

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
>   Josh was talking about involving the SPI for co-founding the
> expense. Any hope with that? Also, are there any European companies
> that are willing to sponsor the shirts? We (as Prato Linux User Group)
> can invoice the donations that can be then deducted for tax purposes.

Josh Drake, how about a response on this?

--Josh

Re: T-shirts situation

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:

>>   Josh was talking about involving the SPI for co-founding the
>> expense. Any hope with that? Also, are there any European companies
>> that are willing to sponsor the shirts? We (as Prato Linux User Group)
>> can invoice the donations that can be then deducted for tax purposes.
>
> Josh Drake, how about a response on this?

Hello,

I think this is a perfectly reasonable request for the fundraising
group. I would like
however to make a call for donations for the purpose as well.

Gabriele what say you?

Joshua D. Drake

> --Josh

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: T-shirts situation

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Ciao Josh,

Joshua D. Drake ha scritto:
> I think this is a perfectly reasonable request for the fundraising
> group. I would like
> however to make a call for donations for the purpose as well.
>
> Gabriele what say you?
Any advice or idea is most welcome. If the fundraising group could help
us with the initial money, that'd be great. We think we can sell the
t-shirts and get back the money (which will be invested in other
purposes) but, being this the very first event/initiative we promote, we
have no budget to start with.

We will keep the donations initiative open and, if you have better ideas
on how to promote it, please go ahead. I am ready and willing to listen,
given your experience and knowledge on this topic. :)

Thanks,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, IWA/HWG Member
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy

Re: T-shirts situation

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
JD,

> I think this is a perfectly reasonable request for the fundraising
> group. I would like
> however to make a call for donations for the purpose as well.

Actually, I think we should ask for something like 200 of the shirts to use
to solicit donations at OSCON and LWE.  We can easily get people to donate
$20 each to get them, and then the FG will recoup our funds.

The one hitch is getting them to the US; David and I would need to both use
1 bag luggage allowance, and even then we might be overweight.  I mean our
luggage, that is.

Hmmm, and fuzzy elephants too.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: T-shirts situation

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 05:34:17PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> JD,
>
> > I think this is a perfectly reasonable request for the fundraising
> > group. I would like however to make a call for donations for the
> > purpose as well.
>
> Actually, I think we should ask for something like 200 of the shirts
> to use to solicit donations at OSCON and LWE.  We can easily get
> people to donate $20 each to get them, and then the FG will recoup
> our funds.
>
> The one hitch is getting them to the US; David and I would need to
> both use 1 bag luggage allowance,

Since I only travel with carry-on bags, I can probably bring two
without paying extra.

> and even then we might be overweight.  I mean our luggage, that is.

I'm probably going to be overweight anyhow ;)

> Hmmm, and fuzzy elephants too.

Mmmm....elephants.

Cheers,
D (I want my plush blue elephant!)
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

Re: T-shirts situation

From
Jim Nasby
Date:
On Apr 25, 2007, at 2:34 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Hmmm, and fuzzy elephants too.

Hey, has anyone done fuzzy elephants? AFAIK the very few Pervasive
ones that existed are/were it... I think they'd make good fundraiser
items (I'd buy one...)

Re: T-shirts situation

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Jim,

> Hey, has anyone done fuzzy elephants? AFAIK the very few Pervasive
> ones that existed are/were it... I think they'd make good fundraiser
> items (I'd buy one...)

See FOSDEM report on this list.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: T-shirts situation

From
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Date:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:13:47 +0200
Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org> wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2007, at 2:34 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Hmmm, and fuzzy elephants too.
>
> Hey, has anyone done fuzzy elephants? AFAIK the very few Pervasive
> ones that existed are/were it... I think they'd make good fundraiser
> items (I'd buy one...)

Fuzzy elephants (50 or so) will be available at PgDay.it.

Kind regards

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL Usergroup