Re: mysql using postgres as a storage engine?!

From
Lukas Kahwe Smith
Date:
Guido Barosio wrote:
> source:
>
> http://download.tangent.org/postgres_engine-0.1.tar.gz
>
> articles:
>
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/01/1448207
> http://krow.livejournal.com/502908.html

mysql> select * from april;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

regards,
Lukas

Re: mysql using postgres as a storage engine?!

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Guido Barosio escribió:
> source:
>
> http://download.tangent.org/postgres_engine-0.1.tar.gz

It's pretty lame, that tarball -- it includes the compiled object files
among the source code, so I aborted the download at about 500kB (the
bandwidth was pretty bad at the time).

Also the chart says it doesn't support transactions, savepoints nor FKs ...

Re: mysql using postgres as a storage engine?!

From
"Gavin M. Roy"
Date:
As Lukas was pointing out, it appears to be an April fools joke.

Gavin

--
Alvaro Herrera                                 http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Date:
Gavin M. Roy escribió:
> As Lukas was pointing out, it appears to be an April fools joke.

Yes, I knew that, but the guy even put up a configure.in file and a
COPYING file, so it seemed at first blush that it may be worth having a
look at what was going on.

Re: mysql using postgres as a storage engine?!

From
"Guido Barosio"
Date:
Oh, what a "boludo".

:-)

g.-

On 4/2/07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Gavin M. Roy escribió:
> > As Lukas was pointing out, it appears to be an April fools joke.
>
> Yes, I knew that, but the guy even put up a configure.in file and a
> COPYING file, so it seemed at first blush that it may be worth having a
> look at what was going on.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

Guido Barosio
-----------------------
http://www.globant.com
guido.barosio@globant.com

Re: mysql using postgres as a storage engine?!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

> > As Lukas was pointing out, it appears to be an April fools joke.

Brian got me on this one, though.  Mostly because I actually talked to him
about doing this, like, two years ago, and we decided that it would be
technically possible but that there was no real point.

Of course ... the famous Larry Wall/Guido van Rossum April Fool's joke led to
he Parrot Project, so who knows?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun