Talks for OSCON? Only 5 days left!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

We only have five days left to submit talks for OSCON (Portland, last week
of July): http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2007/create/e_sess

I'd like to check & coordinate what people are submitting from PostgreSQL
to make sure we have the strongest possible PostgreSQL content.  So far we
have:

Performance Whack-a-Mole - Josh Berkus
Joy of Index - Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL analytics with DTrace - Theo Schlossnagle

... this isn't nearly enough.  We need some cool talks on building
applications with pgcrypto, PostGIS, TSearch2 and more!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Talks for OSCON? Only 5 days left!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> Performance Whack-a-Mole - Josh Berkus
> Joy of Index - Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL analytics with DTrace - Theo Schlossnagle

ah, also:
Database Application Tools: Nicolai Petri

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Talks for OSCON? Only 5 days left!

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 01:48:46PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> > Performance Whack-a-Mole - Josh Berkus
> > Joy of Index - Josh Berkus
> > PostgreSQL analytics with DTrace - Theo Schlossnagle
>
> ah, also:
> Database Application Tools: Nicolai Petri

You forgot PL/Perl Best Practices by Yours Truly :)

phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!

Re: Talks for OSCON? Only 5 days left!

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Josh,

May I suggest you refer to the pgcon submissions. There's quite a few to choose from (44 at last count).

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 17:41, David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 01:48:46PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >
> > > Performance Whack-a-Mole - Josh Berkus
> > > Joy of Index - Josh Berkus
> > > PostgreSQL analytics with DTrace - Theo Schlossnagle
> >
> > ah, also:
> > Database Application Tools: Nicolai Petri
>
> You forgot PL/Perl Best Practices by Yours Truly :)
>
> Cheers,

Re: Talks for OSCON? Only 5 days left!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

Sorry, doesn't work that way.  People have to submit to ORA's system.

--Josh Berkus

Date:
On Wednesday 31 January 2007 13:16, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Sorry, doesn't work that way.  People have to submit to ORA's system.

thanks for enlightening me

FYI: I made about 7 days ago on creating a live CD. I figured I'd kill two
birds with one stone by promoting postgres using pg_live as the example CD.

robert

Re: Talks for OSCON? Only 5 days left!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> FYI: I made about 7 days ago on creating a live CD. I figured I'd kill
> two birds with one stone by promoting postgres using pg_live as the
> example CD.

Wow, great.  I'll try it out.  Now that we finally have a budget, time to
print the CDs for the season.

However, we're going to have a new minor release very soon, so we'll want
to wait for the update.  :-(

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: [HACKERS] Talks for OSCON? Only 5 days left!

From
Jim Nasby
Date:
Would it be safe/appropriate to do a "What's new in 8.3" talk? (Went
to OSCON last year, but didn't make it to any talks).