searching for flyer in french and english

From
Susanne Ebrecht
Date:
Hi,

the new year is started and the active german community wants to change
some of the old stuff to popularise postgresql. Our german and english
flyers are some years old and we want to design some new german flyers.
If it is possible we will not reinvent the wheel. I am seraching for
smart and informative english flyers, which we can give out and which I
just have to translate into german.
We are very proud that we will have a booth at the FOSDEM (Free and Open
source Software Developers' European Meeting http://www.fosdem.org) in
Brussels (Belgium). Most visitors at this event are speaking english,
german or french. For this event, I am searching for french flyers or
somebody who is able to translate the german or english flyer into
correct french in time.
I am glad about every actually flyer layout you will send me.

regards

Susanne

Re: searching for flyer in french and english

From
nhrcommu@rochester.rr.com
Date:
I am seraching
> for
> smart and informative english flyers, which we can give out and
> which I
> just have to translate into german.
> We are very proud that we will have a booth at the FOSDEM (Free and
> Open
> source Software Developers' European Meeting http://www.fosdem.org)
> in
> Brussels (Belgium). Most visitors at this event are speaking
> english,
> german or french. For this event, I am searching for french flyers
> or
> somebody who is able to translate the german or english flyer into
> correct french in time.
> I am glad about every actually flyer layout you will send me.
>
> regards

I can't help with translation, but there are a couple of releatively new
docs at http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000047

lisa_06.pdf and 8.2_copious.pdf

Updated files were uploaded about 5 weeks ago, but I'm not seeing them.
 Maybe Josh B can track them down.

Thanks,
Mike Ellsworth

Re: searching for flyer in french and english

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Susanne Ebrecht a ecrit le 02/01/2007 17:06:
> the new year is started and the active german community wants to change
> some of the old stuff to popularise postgresql. Our german and english
> flyers are some years old and we want to design some new german flyers.
> If it is possible we will not reinvent the wheel. I am seraching for
> smart and informative english flyers, which we can give out and which I
> just have to translate into german.
> We are very proud that we will have a booth at the FOSDEM (Free and Open
> source Software Developers' European Meeting http://www.fosdem.org) in
> Brussels (Belgium). Most visitors at this event are speaking english,
> german or french. For this event, I am searching for french flyers or
> somebody who is able to translate the german or english flyer into
> correct french in time.
> I am glad about every actually flyer layout you will send me.

We (we as PostgreSQLfr) have some french flyer. I did them for Solutions
Linux 2006. They were about the last releases. I think I can update them
quickly. You can find our flyer here :

http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/browser/materials/advocacy/trunk/brochurePG.pdf?format=raw

It's also available in OOo2 format :
http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/browser/materials/advocacy/trunk/brochurePG.odt?format=raw

You can take a look in the SVN repository
(http://svn.postgresqlfr.org/browser/materials). There could be
something useful for you.

Actually, I think I'll go to FOSDEM this year. I already went there a
few years ago, I had a great time and I always wanted to go back there.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.

Re: searching for flyer in french and english

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Mike,

> Updated files were uploaded about 5 weeks ago, but I'm not seeing them.
>  Maybe Josh B can track them down.

Sorry.  For some reason I need to approve your uploads.  Will try to fix
again.

We also need to find a way to upload the source files.   Can you put them in
CVS?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: searching for flyer in french and english

From
Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher
Date:
Also sprach Susanne Ebrecht (miracee@miracee.de)

> the new year is started and the active german community wants to change
> some of the old stuff to popularise postgresql. Our german and english
> flyers are some years old and we want to design some new german flyers.
> If it is possible we will not reinvent the wheel. I am seraching for
> smart and informative english flyers, which we can give out and which I
> just have to translate into german.

http://net-tex.dnsalias.org/~stefan/nt/netbsd/advocacy/pg/

especially PostgreSQL-Flyer-en-a4.tex is rather new and based on the
"about" website, so the english text should be fine.

--
Pedites pugnas decernent    http://www.jaegerseiten.de    Horrido!

http://www.net-tex.de                                 http://www.cryptomancer.de

Attachment

Re: searching for flyer in french and english

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Mike,

BTW, I completely forgot to tell you ... your flyers were a bit hit at
LISA.  Surprisingly, the 4-page changelog brochure was especially popular;
despite trying to restrict them, we ran out.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun