LWN on Pervasive

From
Neil Conway
Date:
In case anyone hasn't seen it already, LWN recently published two
editorials on the Pervasive announcement and on "The PostgreSQL
business" in general:

http://lwn.net/Articles/193740/
http://lwn.net/Articles/194561/

-Neil

Re: LWN on Pervasive

From
mdean
Date:
Neil Conway wrote:

>In case anyone hasn't seen it already, LWN recently published two

Neil, thank you for refering the community to those articles.  I found
them informative, especially the responses.  I don't know why, but these
articles WERE NOT picked up by my Google alerts.

Michael

Re: LWN on Pervasive

From
Jim Nasby
Date:
On Aug 20, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Neil Conway wrote:
> In case anyone hasn't seen it already, LWN recently published two
> editorials on the Pervasive announcement and on "The PostgreSQL
> business" in general:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/193740/
> http://lwn.net/Articles/194561/

I like how he wrote the first article without doing any research and
then used the second to wipe some egg off his face. :)

Re: LWN on Pervasive

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 05:14:19PM -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On Aug 20, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Neil Conway wrote:
> >In case anyone hasn't seen it already, LWN recently published two
> >editorials on the Pervasive announcement and on "The PostgreSQL
> >business" in general:
> >
> >http://lwn.net/Articles/193740/
> >http://lwn.net/Articles/194561/
>
> I like how he wrote the first article without doing any research and
> then used the second to wipe some egg off his face. :)

Only some of it.  He's still missing all the businesses that sliced
huge hunks off their development and maintenance costs by using
PostgreSQL.

phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!