press release/coverage

From
Tino Wildenhain
Date:
Hi,

since we missed to inform various media
(especially in germany) it would be nice
to be able to at least point them to some
writings about the summit.

Where is the promised full coverage
for example on http://www.planetpostgresql.org/ ?
all you see now is a big blog, which will
not be much useable for press people.

Is there any other place we could refer to,
where easily to gasp information about the
10th anniversary of postgres is available?

Kind regards
Tino Wildenhain

Re: press release/coverage

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
I'm forwarding this thread to Dru Lavigne who was one of the press covering the conference. I'll ask her to get back to
meso I can inform the community where she's posting her reports.

cheers

Robert

On Friday 14 July 2006 08:04, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since we missed to inform various media
> (especially in germany) it would be nice
> to be able to at least point them to some
> writings about the summit.
>
> Where is the promised full coverage
> for example on http://www.planetpostgresql.org/ ?
> all you see now is a big blog, which will
> not be much useable for press people.
>
> Is there any other place we could refer to,
> where easily to gasp information about the
> 10th anniversary of postgres is available?
>
> Kind regards
> Tino Wildenhain

Re: press release/coverage

From
"Josh Berkus"
Date:
Tino,

> Where is the promised full coverage
> for example on http://www.planetpostgresql.org/ ?
> all you see now is a big blog, which will
> not be much useable for press people.
>
> Is there any other place we could refer to,
> where easily to gasp information about the
> 10th anniversary of postgres is available?

I have a press sheet I prepared for before the conference.   Gavin and
I are planning to prepare a follow-up; keep in mind that each of us
just got home last night.

Should I send a copy to you?

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco 415-752-2500

Re: press release/coverage

From
Tino Wildenhain
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tino,
>
>> Where is the promised full coverage
>> for example on http://www.planetpostgresql.org/ ?
>> all you see now is a big blog, which will
>> not be much useable for press people.
>>
>> Is there any other place we could refer to,
>> where easily to gasp information about the
>> 10th anniversary of postgres is available?
>
> I have a press sheet I prepared for before the conference.   Gavin and
> I are planning to prepare a follow-up; keep in mind that each of us
> just got home last night.

:-) Too bad I could not attend the conference.

> Should I send a copy to you?

I'd rather have something online I can the sleeping journalists
point to, but I can also try to send a press sheet to them.

Kind regards
Tino Wildenhain