10 Years And Counting

From
Kaare Rasmussen
Date:
Article in Internetnews:

Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic

Jasonic                 Telefon: +45 3816 2582
Nordre Fasanvej 12
2000 Frederiksberg      Email: kaare@jasonic.dk

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Stéphane SCHILDKNECHT
Date:

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Date:
Just out of curiosity, did anybody suffer from a case of food poisoning?

Robert

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
elein
Date:
There were several people, including me that got quite ill.  I don't think
it was related to the food, but who knows.

--elein

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 08:35:40AM -0400, robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, did anybody suffer from a case of food poisoning?
>
> Robert

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Wednesday 12 July 2006 09:39, elein wrote:
> There were several people, including me that got quite ill.  I don't think
> it was related to the food, but who knows.

Everyone knows that Canadian water will kill you.

> --elein
>
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 08:35:40AM -0400, robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca
wrote:
> > Just out of curiosity, did anybody suffer from a case of food poisoning?
> >
> > Robert

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > There were several people, including me that got quite ill.
>  I don't
> > think it was related to the food, but who knows.
>
> Everyone knows that Canadian water will kill you.

I assume you're referring to that awful canadian whisky we had. in which
case that was certainly so.
If not, then I'm still blaming Simon :-P

//Magnus

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Thomas Hallgren
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Everyone knows that Canadian water will kill you.

That's probably it then. Only a few settled for water. The rest of us made it OK ;-)

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
"Jonah H. Harris"
Date:
On 7/12/06, elein <elein@varlena.com> wrote:
> There were several people, including me that got quite ill.  I don't think
> it was related to the food, but who knows.

/me was sick on Sunday.  I was feeling a lot better on Monday though,
so I don't know if it was some 24hr flu or food :(

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1300
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Chris Browne
Date:
jonah.harris@gmail.com ("Jonah H. Harris") writes:
> On 7/12/06, elein <elein@varlena.com> wrote:
>> There were several people, including me that got quite ill.  I
>> don't think it was related to the food, but who knows.
>
> /me was sick on Sunday.  I was feeling a lot better on Monday
> though, so I don't know if it was some 24hr flu or food :(

It's not remarkable for unfamiliar water to have some, erm,
"inconvenient" effects.  My brother in Flower Mound, Texas finds that
visiting Kitchener, an hour west of Toronto, always causes a little
trouble the first day or so to some of his family, due to differences
in the flora in the water.

They also find that milk doesn't taste quite right anywhere but home.
(And the adjustment again isn't long or insurmountable...)
--
"cbbrowne","@","acm.org"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/finances.html

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 17:37 -0400, Chris Browne wrote:

> It's not remarkable for unfamiliar water to have some, erm,
> "inconvenient" effects.  My brother in Flower Mound, Texas finds that
> visiting Kitchener, an hour west of Toronto, always causes a little
> trouble the first day or so to some of his family, due to differences
> in the flora in the water.
>
> They also find that milk doesn't taste quite right anywhere but home.

All these explained the problem I had. I drank 2-3 glass milk every
morning. So Magnus, no need to blame Simon :-)

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 15:25 -0400, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> /me was sick on Sunday

+1.

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 09:39:08AM -0700, elein wrote:

> There were several people, including me that got quite ill.  I don't
> think it was related to the food, but who knows.

I was ill for about an hour on the 'plane back, but that's about it.

Cheeers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > It's not remarkable for unfamiliar water to have some, erm,
> > "inconvenient" effects.  My brother in Flower Mound, Texas
> finds that
> > visiting Kitchener, an hour west of Toronto, always causes a little
> > trouble the first day or so to some of his family, due to
> differences
> > in the flora in the water.
> >
> > They also find that milk doesn't taste quite right anywhere
> but home.
>
> All these explained the problem I had. I drank 2-3 glass milk
> every morning. So Magnus, no need to blame Simon :-)

I had no milk, so I'll continue blaming Simon ;-)

//Magnus

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 15:25 -0400, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
>> /me was sick on Sunday
>
> +1.

original russian vodka would help you :)

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
"Jonah H. Harris"
Date:
On 7/13/06, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
> original russian vodka would help you :)

Wish I had some about now :)

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1300
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301
33 Wood Ave S, 2nd Floor            | jharris@enterprisedb.com
Iselin, New Jersey 08830            | http://www.enterprisedb.com/

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

> > There were several people, including me that got quite ill.  I don't
> > think it was related to the food, but who knows.

Seriously, this was actually a stomach flu that Simon inadvertantly brought
over.  He got it from his kids before leaving, and got sick the day he
arrived.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
>>> There were several people, including me that got quite ill.  I don't
>>> think it was related to the food, but who knows.
>
> Seriously, this was actually a stomach flu that Simon inadvertantly brought
> over.  He got it from his kids before leaving, and got sick the day he
> arrived.

Simon is going down...

/me grabs a chair and some popcorn.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
"Dave Page"

Yeah, except in his defence I was with him for most of a day before we
got to Toronto and didn't catch it, so it could have been something else
entirely that everyone else got.

I like the whiskey theory. Man that was *bad*.

/D

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Jean-Paul Argudo
Date:
Hi all,

> Just out of curiosity, did anybody suffer from a case of food poisoning?

+1!

I had serious gastro-enteritis from 9 to 12 july. Hopefully I took
medecine against it from home, in case of need.

("SMECTA":diosmectite:
Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification System:
 A07B         Intestinal adsorbents
 A07BC         Other intestinal adsorbents
 A07BC05     Diosmectite
)

I remember feeling ill after "ribs" at the Hard-Rock Café in Toronto,
were I ate definitely too much. :-)

But as many said, maybe more related to water or flora differences.

Jean-Paul Argudo

Re: 10 Years And Counting

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 July 2006 09:39, elein wrote:
> > There were several people, including me that got quite ill.  I don't think
> > it was related to the food, but who knows.
>
> Everyone knows that Canadian water will kill you.

I drank a lot of water in Toronto and Quebec and I'm still alive :-)  I
didn't suffer any food poisoning either.  The original russian vodka may
have helped though ...