at JavaOne ... is anyone else?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

I'll be at JavaOne tommorrow and Friday.   Is anyone else in the community
there?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: at JavaOne ... is anyone else?

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'll be at JavaOne tommorrow and Friday.   Is anyone else in the community
> there?

No, but if they have have a JavaZero, I might attend.  :-)  LOL

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us

Re: at JavaOne ... is anyone else?

From
Thomas Hallgren
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I'll be at JavaOne tommorrow and Friday.   Is anyone else in the community
>> there?
>
> No, but if they have have a JavaZero, I might attend.  :-)  LOL

Would that be an anti Java gathering or a gathering of people who has zero knowledge about
Java? Hmm, come to think of it, perhaps there's not that much of a difference ;-)

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Re: at JavaOne ... is anyone else?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Thomas,

> Would that be an anti Java gathering or a gathering of people who has zero
> knowledge about Java? Hmm, come to think of it, perhaps there's not that
> much of a difference ;-)

BTW, I'd like to propose you as a speaker for next year's JavaOne.
Interested?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: at JavaOne ... is anyone else?

From
Thomas Hallgren
Date:
Josh,

Josh Berkus wrote:
> BTW, I'd like to propose you as a speaker for next year's JavaOne.
> Interested?

I'd be delighted. I assume that you're thinking about PL/Java or perhaps something more
general like "SQL Triggers, Functions, and Stored Procedures in Java"? It could be directed
to an audience of application developers or perhaps more technical (aspects/challenges of
implementing the language mapping).

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Re: at JavaOne ... is anyone else?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Thomas,

> I'd be delighted. I assume that you're thinking about PL/Java or perhaps
> something more general like "SQL Triggers, Functions, and Stored Procedures
> in Java"? It could be directed to an audience of application developers or
> perhaps more technical (aspects/challenges of implementing the language
> mapping).

Sure, or PL/Java specifically.   Rick Hillegas could then do his talk about
Java callbacks inside Derby as part of a general "automating the database in
Java" segment ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions