Re: Access your MySQL database for maintenance without a password

From
Alvaro Herrera
Ned Lilly wrote:
> Noted without comment...
>
> http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-9592_11-6051389.html

What is your point here?  This is mostly the same we use the .pgpass
file for, AFAICS.

Re: Access your MySQL database for maintenance without a password

From
Chris Browne
Date:
ned@nedscape.com (Ned Lilly) writes:
> Noted without comment...
>
> http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-9592_11-6051389.html

This differs from .pgpass in what vital way???
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "acm.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/rdbms.html

Re: Access your MySQL database for maintenance without a password

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Tuesday 21 March 2006 17:38, Chris Browne wrote:
> ned@nedscape.com (Ned Lilly) writes:
> > Noted without comment...
> >
> > http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-9592_11-6051389.html
>
> This differs from .pgpass in what vital way???

It doesn't, although remember mysql can have root level exploits, so it is a
little more serious.

--
Robert Treat