"Guido Barosio"
Date:
This is not compatible with the idea of buying mysql, or am I getting lost in the dark?!?!
Though they wanted to buy mysql.

By the way, they did say, several times, that they are looking after developers / students in their first age. I can imagine a wave of new users in their arena.

------ (what should be a new thread comes ahead)

Guess the time to strength postgresql in several aspects has come, and I would really like to see this happen.

Thinking about:

* Make a  comparison of what oracle is offering by free and to find out their vulnerabilities in that aspect. Benchmarking, triggering facts to empower PostgreSQL as defineteley a better solution due to its scalability? Fortress and vulnerabilities, needed asap. What about supporting a company in a run like this? I can think about designing a test for a company, asking them for results, and publish them.

* To make a strike, slash our site and start hitting others with their problems?
Has anyone noticed that bugs.mysql.com is not anymore opening / closing innodb bugs since mid jan? Our support remains better than allways. The best defense is the attack?.

I guess I got almost passionate with all of this, but as I haven't seen more than comments on the recent events in the market, I would like to understand / encourage *our* next actions.

Don't take this as a need, but just as a thought and trigger for a healthy discussion.

Regards,
Guido