Is Sourcewear defunct?

From
"Bruce Raup"
Date:
Hi all,

I'm sending this query to this list because there is a link to
Sourcewear on the PostgreSQL home page.

I ordered a PostgreSQL baseball cap from Sourcewear in mid-December
(2005), and my credit card was charged for the $19.99 right away
(showing up as "Paypal-Mayopi").  However, I have not received the
cap, and many attempts to contact them -- via e-mail and phone -- have
gone unanswered.

Has anyone had recent successful  or unsuccessful intereactions with Sourcewear?

Does anyone know anything about the people behind the company or website?

I'm still hoping this can be resolved well, but their track record in
my case is not looking good.  Thanks in advance for any insight you
can offer.

Best regards,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup
http://cires.colorado.edu/~braup/

Re: Is Sourcewear defunct?

From
"Denis Lussier - GMAIL"
Date:
I successfully ordered several Postgres items from them about six months ago.  It was shipped to me direct from somewhere in South America (I forget the exact country).  The packaging was a bit tattered, but, the merchandise was top quality.

--Denis Lussier
  CTO
  EnterpriseDB corporation

[...]

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Is Sourcewear defunct?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 19:59, Bruce Raup wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sending this query to this list because there is a link to
> Sourcewear on the PostgreSQL home page.
>
> I ordered a PostgreSQL baseball cap from Sourcewear in mid-December
> (2005), and my credit card was charged for the $19.99 right away
> (showing up as "Paypal-Mayopi").  However, I have not received the
> cap, and many attempts to contact them -- via e-mail and phone -- have
> gone unanswered.
>
> Has anyone had recent successful  or unsuccessful intereactions with Sourcewear?
>
> Does anyone know anything about the people behind the company or website?
>
> I'm still hoping this can be resolved well, but their track record in
> my case is not looking good.  Thanks in advance for any insight you
> can offer.

This is the second report I've seen of recent purchases going
unfulfilled and customers being unable to get in contact with anyone
from the company. I'm inclined to remove the link from the home page
unless we get someone from the company to address these issues.

Robert Treat

Re: Is Sourcewear defunct?

From
Chris Mair
Date:
> Has anyone had recent successful  or unsuccessful intereactions with
> Sourcewear?

I've ordered (and received) a T-Shirt July 2005.

Bye :)
Chris.

Re: Is Sourcewear defunct?

From
"Guido Barosio"
Date:
So I did november 2005, everything as expected.

g.-

On 2/28/06, Chris Mair <list@1006.org> wrote:
> Has anyone had recent successful  or unsuccessful intereactions with
> Sourcewear?

I've ordered (and received) a T-Shirt July 2005.

Bye :)
Chris.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

--
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  .

Re: Is Sourcewear defunct?

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 08:54:21AM -0500, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 19:59, Bruce Raup wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm sending this query to this list because there is a link to
> > Sourcewear on the PostgreSQL home page.
> >
> > I ordered a PostgreSQL baseball cap from Sourcewear in mid-December
> > (2005), and my credit card was charged for the $19.99 right away
> > (showing up as "Paypal-Mayopi").  However, I have not received the
> > cap, and many attempts to contact them -- via e-mail and phone -- have
> > gone unanswered.
>
> This is the second report I've seen of recent purchases going
> unfulfilled and customers being unable to get in contact with anyone
> from the company. I'm inclined to remove the link from the home page
> unless we get someone from the company to address these issues.

Do they support the project in any way? Perhaps it would be better to
just setup a shop someplace like hackerthreads.com or spreadshirt.com
(yes, there's also cafepress, but their shirts aren't very durable).