8.1 pdf

From
Mike Ellsworth
Date:
Folks,

I downloaded the documentation to my old old desktop and found that it
took about 30 to 40 seconds to get from 1 page to the next.

I took the liberty of Optimizing for the Web in Acrobat Pro 7 and now
bookmarks, scrolling, etc are a fair amount more snappy, even on my old
G-3 Mac.

I renamed to "test_postgresql-8.1-US.pdf".

Somebody want this --- a place a can ftp it (for someone else to test)?

Not sure of the procedures.

Thanks,
Mike E.

Re: 8.1 pdf

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
I would definitely appreciate it.

Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I downloaded the documentation to my old old desktop and found that it
> took about 30 to 40 seconds to get from 1 page to the next.
>
> I took the liberty of Optimizing for the Web in Acrobat Pro 7 and now
> bookmarks, scrolling, etc are a fair amount more snappy, even on my
> old G-3 Mac.
>
> I renamed to "test_postgresql-8.1-US.pdf".
> Somebody want this --- a place a can ftp it (for someone else to test)?
>
> Not sure of the procedures.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike E.

>       match

Re: 8.1 pdf

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 10:42, Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I downloaded the documentation to my old old desktop and found that it
> took about 30 to 40 seconds to get from 1 page to the next.
>
> I took the liberty of Optimizing for the Web in Acrobat Pro 7 and now
> bookmarks, scrolling, etc are a fair amount more snappy, even on my old
> G-3 Mac.
>
> I renamed to "test_postgresql-8.1-US.pdf".
>
> Somebody want this --- a place a can ftp it (for someone else to test)?
>
> Not sure of the procedures.

If you send it to me I will see about putting it up on the website. Also
is there any chance that you could you do the same for the A4 version?

Robert Treat

Re: 8.1 pdf

From
Mike Ellsworth
Date:
Robert or Josh --

if the link I sent (private em) was OK -- let me know & I'll do for the
A4.  If not... oh well.

Thanks,
Mike E.

Robert Treat wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 10:42, Mike Ellsworth wrote:
>

>>Folks,
>>
>>I downloaded the documentation to my old old desktop and found that it
>>took about 30 to 40 seconds to get from 1 page to the next.
>>
>>I took the liberty of Optimizing for the Web in Acrobat Pro 7 and now
>>bookmarks, scrolling, etc are a fair amount more snappy, even on my old
>>G-3 Mac.
>>
>>I renamed to "test_postgresql-8.1-US.pdf".
>>
>>Somebody want this --- a place a can ftp it (for someone else to test)?
>>
>>Not sure of the procedures.
>>

>If you send it to me I will see about putting it up on the website. Also
>is there any chance that you could you do the same for the A4 version?
>

>Robert Treat

Re: 8.1 pdf

Date:
Have all the PDF's that can been updated?

Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> Robert or Josh --
>
> if the link I sent (private em) was OK -- let me know & I'll do for the
> A4.  If not... oh well.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike E.
>

> Robert Treat wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 10:42, Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> >

> >>Folks,
> >>
> >>I downloaded the documentation to my old old desktop and found that it
> >>took about 30 to 40 seconds to get from 1 page to the next.
> >>
> >>I took the liberty of Optimizing for the Web in Acrobat Pro 7 and now
> >>bookmarks, scrolling, etc are a fair amount more snappy, even on my old
> >>G-3 Mac.
> >>
> >>I renamed to "test_postgresql-8.1-US.pdf".
> >>
> >>Somebody want this --- a place a can ftp it (for someone else to test)?
> >>
> >>Not sure of the procedures.
> >>

> >If you send it to me I will see about putting it up on the website. Also
> >is there any chance that you could you do the same for the A4 version?
> >

> >Robert Treat

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: 8.1 pdf

From
Robert Treat
Date:
I think this got lost in the shuffle while I was out of town last week, I'll
try to get it done today.

Robert Treat

On Thursday 01 December 2005 23:35, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Have all the PDF's that can been updated?

> Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> > Robert or Josh --
> >
> > if the link I sent (private em) was OK -- let me know & I'll do for the
> > A4.  If not... oh well.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike E.
> >
> > Robert Treat wrote:

> > >If you send it to me I will see about putting it up on the website. Also
> > >is there any chance that you could you do the same for the A4 version?
> > >

> > >Robert Treat

Robert Treat

Re: 8.1 pdf

Date:
Great.  Looks like Robert is going to handle this.

Is this something we should document somewhere so we do it everytime we
build PDF files?  Is there a document somewhere about how to do that?

Robert Treat wrote:
> I think this got lost in the shuffle while I was out of town last week, I'll
> try to get it done today.
>
> Robert Treat
>
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 23:35, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Have all the PDF's that can been updated?

> > Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> > > Robert or Josh --
> > >
> > > if the link I sent (private em) was OK -- let me know & I'll do for the
> > > A4.  If not... oh well.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mike E.

> > > TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>
> --
> Robert Treat
> Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: 8.1 pdf

From
Robert Treat
Date:
We have that documented and listed someplace (Marc has it I think).
We've actually already gotten pdf's on the website, we've just had
someone donate some optimized ones and thats what I need to get up
there.

Robert Treat