Press release source code

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Can one get at a source-like format of the 8.1 press release?  I would like to
print out a few copies for LinuxWorld Expo next week but I don't want to have
to extract the text embedded in the web site layout.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Press release source code

From
"Michael Paesold"
Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Can one get at a source-like format of the 8.1 press release?  I would
> like to
> print out a few copies for LinuxWorld Expo next week but I don't want to
> have
> to extract the text embedded in the web site layout.

I guess you can can either use the original text file from the PR pgfoundry
project or the HTML press kit, which contains the press release text but
does not include the website layout.

In English:
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/press/pr/releases/8.1/en/presskit81.html.en
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/press/pr/releases/8.1/en/release.txt

In German:
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/press/pr/releases/8.1/de/presskit81.html.de
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/press/pr/releases/8.1/de/release.txt
An more languages available.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold

Re: Press release source code

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
You can get it from the pr project or the web project cvs. For example,
http://gborg.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/portal/template/en/about/
press/presskit81.html?rev=1.5;content-type=text%2Fplain;cvsroot=pgweb

You'll need to get rid of the title block at top, buit that's the top
three lines only. The rest should be straight xhtml.

//Magnus

Date:
Am Donnerstag, 10. November 2005 14:09 schrieb Michael Paesold:
> I guess you can can either use the original text file from the PR pgfoundry
> project or the HTML press kit, which contains the press release text but
> does not include the website layout.

I figured as much, but the pgfoundry page does not include links into the CVS
tree.  I assumed this was a security mechanism, but obviously this can be
easily circumvented.  I'll use the links you posted.  Thanks.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Press release source code

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Peter,

> I figured as much, but the pgfoundry page does not include links into the
> CVS tree.  I assumed this was a security mechanism, but obviously this can
> be easily circumvented.  I'll use the links you posted.  Thanks.

Pretty much.  We just don't want to make it casually easy for someone to jump
the releases by 48 hours.  They should at least have some knowledge of the
community to do that.  ;-)

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions