Need Regional Contacts for India!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

Our regional contacts for India, Vishal and Shridhar, are MIA.  India is
a huge country and critical to the global software development industry;
we can't *not* have a contact there.

Are there any other Indians on the Advocacy list who would be interested
in performing this function?   Or does anyone know where Shridhar and
Vishal are?

--Josh

Re: Need Regional Contacts for India!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Vaidhy,

> Sure.. I can do that..

Thanks for volunteering.   Abhijit volunteered, though, and he's been
around the community a lot longer than you have -- I may hit you up next
year, though!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Need Regional Contacts for India!

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Our regional contacts for India, Vishal and Shridhar, are MIA.  India is
> a huge country and critical to the global software development industry;
> we can't *not* have a contact there.
>
> Are there any other Indians on the Advocacy list who would be interested
> in performing this function?   Or does anyone know where Shridhar and
> Vishal are?

I have a contact in India, Alolita Sharma <asharma@technetra.com>. I
think Pervasive has people there too who could act as contacts.

Re: Need Regional Contacts for India!

From
Brad Nicholson
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Josh Berkus wrote:
>

>>Folks,
>>
>>Our regional contacts for India, Vishal and Shridhar, are MIA.  India is
>>a huge country and critical to the global software development industry;
>>we can't *not* have a contact there.
>>
>>Are there any other Indians on the Advocacy list who would be interested
>>in performing this function?   Or does anyone know where Shridhar and
>>Vishal are?
>>

>I have a contact in India, Alolita Sharma <asharma@technetra.com>. I
>think Pervasive has people there too who could act as contacts.

Afilias will have people in India who can contribute to this role.  They
won't be in India until the end of February 2006, though.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106

Re: Need Regional Contacts for India!

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 06:32:52PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Our regional contacts for India, Vishal and Shridhar, are MIA.  India is
> > a huge country and critical to the global software development industry;
> > we can't *not* have a contact there.
>
> I have a contact in India, Alolita Sharma <asharma@technetra.com>. I
> think Pervasive has people there too who could act as contacts.

Yes, Vaidhy already volunteered, but Josh said he had someone already.