OSCON - BOF

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

They've opened up BOFs for OSCON.   I'd like to schedule one for PostgreSQL,
but I vaguely remember that there was a "good night" and a "bad night" to
have one, but not which nights those were.   Suggestions?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: OSCON - BOF

From
George Essig
Date:
On 6/16/05, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> They've opened up BOFs for OSCON.   I'd like to schedule one for PostgreSQL,
> but I vaguely remember that there was a "good night" and a "bad night" to
> have one, but not which nights those were.   Suggestions?

It should be either Wednesday or Thursday night.  Many people arrive
late on Tuesday and leave early on Friday.

George Essig

Re: OSCON - BOF

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: OSCON - BOF

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Don't forget to bring the elephants.

cheers

Robert Bernier

On June 16, 2005 03:59 pm, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > They've opened up BOFs for OSCON.   I'd like to schedule one for
> > PostgreSQL, but I vaguely remember that there was a "good night" and a
> > "bad night" to have one, but not which nights those were.   Suggestions?
>
> IIRC, Wednesday is the bad night, as that was the first night of the
> exhibit hall being open and we had to compete with everyone going to that.
> We also clearly needed more time, as the format of "go around the room and
> share your story" did not allow much actual back and forth to occur, and we
> did not even get to everyone in the room. The previous year's format of
> Bruce giving a 10 minute "mini-state of" and then fielding questions and
> comments from the group seemed to work better, IMO. Having it early on
> Thursday night, in a large room, with a 2-3 hour time block would be ideal.
> :)

Re: OSCON - BOF

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: OSCON - BOF

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Greg,

> I can't make OSCON this year, but I left the hanging elephants with
> the booth last year, so I think perhaps Josh has them? If anyone else
> has elephant-themed stuff, bring it along to spruce up the booth(s)!

I still got 'em.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus               Consultant

Re: OSCON - BOF

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Greg,

> IIRC, Wednesday is the bad night, as that was the first night of the
> exhibit hall being open and we had to compete with everyone going to
> that.

Hmmm .... problem is, our "State Of" talk is on Wednesday.  So it's going
to work a lot better if we can say "If you have questions, bring them to
the BOF tonight!".   By Thursday people will have forgotten ....

What might make sense is to do a 2nd BOF, like a "PostgreSQL Performance
BOF", on Thursday night.   Anyone up for it?

--Josh