Linux Journal 2005 awards

From
"Michael Paesold"
Date:
Hi,

I have not yet seen this mentioned here, so...

"First-round voting in the 2005 Linux Journal Readers' Choice awards is
underway..."

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8266

Go vote PostgreSQL!

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold

Re: Linux Journal 2005 awards

From
Tino Wildenhain
Date:
Am Samstag, den 11.06.2005, 20:54 +0200 schrieb Michael Paesold:
> Hi,
>
> I have not yet seen this mentioned here, so...
>
> "First-round voting in the 2005 Linux Journal Readers' Choice awards is
> underway..."
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8266
>
> Go vote PostgreSQL!

Quite a bit loveless prepared ballot.
Lucky they at least though of postgres there (and did
not mistype it ;)

Re: Linux Journal 2005 awards

From
Chris Browne
Date:
tino@wildenhain.de (Tino Wildenhain) writes:

> Am Samstag, den 11.06.2005, 20:54 +0200 schrieb Michael Paesold:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have not yet seen this mentioned here, so...
>>
>> "First-round voting in the 2005 Linux Journal Readers' Choice awards is
>> underway..."
>>
>> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8266
>>
>> Go vote PostgreSQL!
>>
> Quite a bit loveless prepared ballot.
> Lucky they at least though of postgres there (and did
> not mistype it ;)

Actually, the way this year's awards work, there should be little
trouble with misspellings and such.

Unlike in other years, the "choices" are actually generated by
readers.  This has the considerable merit that choices aren't
restricted to what someone at Linux Journal imagined were the options.

For instance, there are quite a lot of us still using MH to manage our
mail; since it's not a sexy GUI client like Evolution or KMail, it
tends to get overlooked by someone who's trying to pre-choose what's
popular.  Well, for a change, MH didn't get left out :-).
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html