8.0 Feature list

From
Jason Dixon
Date:
Is there a layman's Changelog for the upcoming 8.0 release?  I looked
at the various Changelogs in ftp, but they are too low-level for
general consumption.  Is there anything on the PostgreSQL site (or
otherwise) that lists the feature enhancements between 7.x and 8.0?

Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting
http://www.dixongroup.net

Re: 8.0 Feature list

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 08:53:36AM -0500, Jason Dixon wrote:

> Is there a layman's Changelog for the upcoming 8.0 release?  I looked
> at the various Changelogs in ftp, but they are too low-level for
> general consumption.  Is there anything on the PostgreSQL site (or
> otherwise) that lists the feature enhancements between 7.x and 8.0?

See the Release Notes in the 8.0 documentation.  You can get the
8.0 doc from the FTP sites or you can view it online by following
the "Developers" link on the main PostgreSQL web site.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: 8.0 Feature list

From
Jason Dixon
Date:
On Dec 31, 2004, at 10:58 AM, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 08:53:36AM -0500, Jason Dixon wrote:
>
>> Is there a layman's Changelog for the upcoming 8.0 release?  I looked
>> at the various Changelogs in ftp, but they are too low-level for
>> general consumption.  Is there anything on the PostgreSQL site (or
>> otherwise) that lists the feature enhancements between 7.x and 8.0?
>
> See the Release Notes in the 8.0 documentation.  You can get the
> 8.0 doc from the FTP sites or you can view it online by following
> the "Developers" link on the main PostgreSQL web site.

Following the Developers link, it was still a little more obscure than
I would have hoped.  Pasting the link here for archival purposes:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/release.html#RELEASE-8-0

Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting
http://www.dixongroup.net