Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

Please check the addresses at:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/13/contacts.txt

And make sure that they are now correct and complete.  We will be marking them
up for web this week.

Thanks!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Josh,

I think
http://www.linuxshare.ru/docs/software/SQL/postgresql/
is better than
http://www.linuxshare.ru/docs/software/SQL/postgresql/index.html

I see no other russian speaking countries from FSU, so I suggest to change
Russia to 'Russian & Russian-Speaking FSU' and add my contact, because I
have my doubts in Nick's reachability. At the same time it'd helps me
in my postgresql advocacy.

Oleg Bartunov
oleg@sai.msu.su
+7-095-939-16-83

     Oleg
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Please check the addresses at:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/13/contacts.txt
>
> And make sure that they are now correct and complete.  We will be marking them
> up for web this week.
>
> Thanks!

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Oleg,

> I think
> http://www.linuxshare.ru/docs/software/SQL/postgresql/
> is better than
> http://www.linuxshare.ru/docs/software/SQL/postgresql/index.html

Noted.

> I see no other russian speaking countries from FSU, so I suggest to change
> Russia to 'Russian & Russian-Speaking FSU' and add my contact, because I
> have my doubts in Nick's reachability.

Actually, Nick has been quite active, and translated the releases.   So if you
want to switch contacts, please talk it out with him.

Thanks!

--Josh

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 05:03:26PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

Josh,

> Please check the addresses at:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/13/contacts.txt

Please correct my phone number.  Currently, it's
+56-63-210164.

Thanks!

"Investigación es lo que hago cuando no sé lo que estoy haciendo"
(Wernher von Braun)

Date:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Oleg,
>
>> I think
>> http://www.linuxshare.ru/docs/software/SQL/postgresql/
>> is better than
>> http://www.linuxshare.ru/docs/software/SQL/postgresql/index.html
>
> Noted.
>
>> I see no other russian speaking countries from FSU, so I suggest to change
>> Russia to 'Russian & Russian-Speaking FSU' and add my contact, because I
>> have my doubts in Nick's reachability.
>
> Actually, Nick has been quite active, and translated the releases.   So if you
> want to switch contacts, please talk it out with him.

Nothing private, Nick.
I meant that remote call cost is rather big obstacle in Russia and FSU.
I have much better connectivity in this sense.

I meant, Russian and FSU countries are big enough to be presented by
several persons. I still don't understand a policy of advocacy group,
Josh. The group should help people promote postgresql and what's the order
to list only one contact person per country excluding US ? What's wrong if
there are people (not casual for the project) proposed their help and
contact address ? I've asked you help to promote my company which is
the only russian company contributed to PostgreSQL project
( GiST improvement, contributed modules, www.pgsql.ru) and I didn't get any
clear answer.  I don't see what's wrong in my intention. Or I just
suscribed to wrong group.

> Thanks!
>
> --Josh

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Oleg,

> I meant, Russian and FSU countries are big enough to be presented by
> several persons

Sure, can you divide it up somehow?  Where are you two located relative to
each other?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Oleg,

> I've asked you help to promote my company which is
> the only russian company contributed to PostgreSQL project
> ( GiST improvement, contributed modules, www.pgsql.ru) and I didn't get any
> clear answer.

We're going to have a "company contributors" page on the new web site.   There
was a long discussion about it on this list.  The new web site is not yet up,
and then it will take some time to assemble that page.   Please be patient.

I'm not clear:  why don't you have company links at openfts.sourceforge.net?
Aren't you missing something there?

Also, please DO NOT become a press contact to promote your company.   This is
the wrong reason to be a Regional Contact.   To quote the e-mail I sent all
of the regional contacts, earlier this week:

======================================
Your @postgresql.org address is intended strictly for use when doing volunteer
advocacy for PostgreSQL.org.   It is NOT intended for a general mailbox or
business address; remember, it may be assigned to someone else at any time
which you are unable to volunteer.
        This can particularly be a challenge for consultants.   My rule is, if
you're answering queries from @postgresql.org, you can recommend your own
business for consulting ... but you MUST mention other appropriate
consultants in the area as well.   Nor should you take referral fees for
business referred through your @postgresql.org address.  (Sorry if this seems
pedantic, but there have already been some misunderstandings.)
======================================

The purpose of volunteering as a regional contact is to promote PostgreSQL to
the press and the public, not to promote yourself or your own business.  This
goes for everyone.

--

Date:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Oleg,
>
>> I meant, Russian and FSU countries are big enough to be presented by
>> several persons
>
> Sure, can you divide it up somehow?  Where are you two located relative to
> each other?

Nick's location is Pyatigorsk, Stavropol Territory, SE Russia,
mine is Moscow. In future, I'd like to see other
people from Siberia and Far East. Just recall, we have 11 time zones !

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:

---559023410-1675676122-1103091263=:26289

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Oleg,
>
>> I've asked you help to promote my company which is
>> the only russian company contributed to PostgreSQL project
>> ( GiST improvement, contributed modules, www.pgsql.ru) and I didn't get any
>> clear answer. �
>
> We're going to have a "company contributors" page on the new web site.   There
> was a long discussion about it on this list.  The new web site is not yet up,
> and then it will take some time to assemble that page.   Please be patient.
>
> I'm not clear:  why don't you have company links at openfts.sourceforge.net?
> Aren't you missing something there?

ask Marc for that. www.pgsql.ru was fts.postgresql.org in past.
after several problems with hosting we got support from Russian Foundation
for Basic Research and moved to separate servers. It's not a project of
our company ! Our company supports its (weekly indexing) and provides
some technology.

> Also, please DO NOT become a press contact to promote your company.   This is
> the wrong reason to be a Regional Contact.   To quote the e-mail I sent all
> of the regional contacts, earlier this week:
>
> ======================================
> Your @postgresql.org address is intended strictly for use when doing volunteer
> advocacy for PostgreSQL.org. � It is NOT intended for a general mailbox or
> business address; remember, it may be assigned to someone else at any time
> which you are unable to volunteer.
> ��������This can particularly be a challenge for consultants. � My rule is, if
> you're answering queries from @postgresql.org, you can recommend your own
> business for consulting ... but you MUST mention other appropriate
> consultants in the area as well. � Nor should you take referral fees for
> business referred through your @postgresql.org address. �(Sorry if this seems
> pedantic, but there have already been some misunderstandings.)
> ======================================
>
> The purpose of volunteering as a regional contact is to promote PostgreSQL to
> the press and the public, not to promote yourself or your own business.  This
> goes for everyone.

My intention here was ( I repeat ):
Russia is a big country, 11 time zones long. Also, remote call is very
expensive. Probably, you don't feel the difference. I'm sure, there will be
other people from other region of Russia. Could you separate me as a
member of community from my commercial company :)

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83
---559023410-1675676122-1103091263=:26289--

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> I'm not clear:  why don't you have company links at
>> openfts.sourceforge.net?
>> Aren't you missing something there?
>

> ask Marc for that. www.pgsql.ru was fts.postgresql.org in past.
> after several problems with hosting we got support from Russian Foundation
> for Basic Research and moved to separate servers. It's not a project of
> our company ! Our company supports its (weekly indexing) and provides
> some technology.

as me for what?  I don't have any control over openfts.sourceforge.net ...

----

Date:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not clear:  why don't you have company links at
>>> openfts.sourceforge.net?
>>> Aren't you missing something there?
>>

>> ask Marc for that. www.pgsql.ru was fts.postgresql.org in past.
>> after several problems with hosting we got support from Russian Foundation
>> for Basic Research and moved to separate servers. It's not a project of
>> our company ! Our company supports its (weekly indexing) and provides
>> some technology.
>
> as me for what?  I don't have any control over openfts.sourceforge.net ...

Marc, sorry for confusing you. I was not attentive to Josh' question
about openfts.sourceforge.net and thought he asked why it's not
openfts.postgresql.org.  Sorry again, Marc.

To Josh, we have almost no links to our company because of our policy and
lacking of time to create and support site. Once I managed to create it,
eventually there will be many links. I just linked openfts.sf.net to
Delta-Soft site.

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Jaime Casanova
Date:
 --- Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> escribió:
> Folks,
>
> Please check the addresses at:

http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/13/contacts.txt

Maybe you can add my Cell number:
593-09-7538461

regards,
Jaime Casanova

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Michalis Kabrianis
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Please check the addresses at:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/13/contacts.txt
>
> And make sure that they are now correct and complete.  We will be marking them
> up for web this week.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Josh,

I just wanted to make sure we're using the same information.
The Greek (Hellenic) mail address will be : el@postgresql.org or
gr@postgresql.org ?

The ISO 639-1 *LANGUAGE* code is 'el' while the ISO 3166 *COUNTRY* code
is 'gr'
ISO-639 : (available from ISO if you buy it)
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html#two

ISO-3166 : (available from ISO for free)
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/list-en1.html

So, if we meen that correspondence with this mail will be in Greek, then
it should be 'el' while if we mean that anybody in Greece should contact
this mail, it should be 'gr'

The decision is yours of course, I'll just adjust the translations
accordingly.

Regards
Michalis

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Jaime,

You've not activated your @postgresql account.   How about a password?

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus               Consultant

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Jaime,

Boy, you like 'em hard, eh?   Ok, done, ec@postgresql.org is ready.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Jaime,
>

>>The password: m3mph!$2o4o

Hm, could we please have the Swiss bank account number too...

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
"Michael Paesold"
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Jaime,
>
>> The password: m3mph!$2o4o
>
> Boy, you like 'em hard, eh?   Ok, done, ec@postgresql.org is ready.

Could you two get a new password now that it's published in the list
archives.
;-)

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold

Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
If you go to http://mail.postgresql.org/mailadmin and login as ec and that
password, there is a passwor change option there ...

----