Congrats Peter

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Peter,

I see why you've been quiet on the lists for a while.

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3826613376/qid=1068391203/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_11_2/028-9908451-4322115

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Congrats Peter

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 03:52:07PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I see why you've been quiet on the lists for a while.
>
> http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3826613376/qid=1068391203/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_11_2/028-9908451-4322115

Congratulations, Peter! :)

phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

Re: Congrats Peter

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> I see why you've been quiet on the lists for a while.
>
> http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3826613376/qid=1068391203/sr=2-
>2/ref=sr_2_11_2/028-9908451-4322115

Actually, I did this book last year.  I'm preparing a new one right now.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Congrats Peter

From
"Merlin Moncure"
Date:
> Actually, I did this book last year.  I'm preparing a new one right
now.

> --
> Peter Eisentraut
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

Are there English language editions of your books?

Merlin

Re: Congrats Peter

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Are there English language editions of your books?

The last one can conveniently be read online at
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/index.html>. :)

The German version is online at
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/pg_handbuch/html/index.html>.

(For those who don't get it, the book that Josh pointed out is a German
translation of the PostgreSQL 7.4 documentation.)

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Congrats Peter

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 08:54:17PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> (For those who don't get it, the book that Josh pointed out is a German
> translation of the PostgreSQL 7.4 documentation.)

Oh yeah, this was announced or publicized at some Linux congress in
Germany some time ago IIRC.  You even posted a link to some photos.

I'm still wondering how much time it took you to do the translation of the
documentation, to estimate if it would be possible to do it myself.

Has had the book good sales?

"Cómo ponemos nuestros dedos en la arcilla del otro. Eso es la amistad; jugar
al alfarero y ver qué formas se pueden sacar del otro" (C. Halloway en
La Feria de las Tinieblas, R. Bradbury)

Re: Congrats Peter

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I'm still wondering how much time it took you to do the translation
> of the documentation, to estimate if it would be possible to do it
> myself.

3 months working full-time

> Has had the book good sales?

I think so.