Openexchange release

From
Ewald Geschwinde
Date:
http://mirror.open-xchange.org/ox/EN/community/

This is the base of suse-openexchange server.

I read the system requirements and saw this part :)

Database
(The database server should provide JDBC functionallity
and should provide sub-selects, timestamps with timezones
and sequences. Tested successfully
with PostgreSQL.)

Regards Ewald Geschwinde

Re: Openexchange release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Ewald,

> This is the base of suse-openexchange server.
>
> I read the system requirements and saw this part :)
>
> Database
> (The database server should provide JDBC functionallity
> and should provide sub-selects, timestamps with timezones
> and sequences. Tested successfully
> with PostgreSQL.)

Yes.  Actually, all of the "groupware" solutions:  OpenExchange,
OpenGroupware, and phpGroupware -- were developed on PostgreSQL.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Openexchange release

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Montag, 30. August 2004 19:25 schrieb Josh Berkus:
> Yes.  Actually, all of the "groupware" solutions:  OpenExchange,
> OpenGroupware, and phpGroupware -- were developed on PostgreSQL.

I develop a little bit for eGroupWare, which is a fork of phpGroupWare.
There, it certainly seems that phpGroupWare was developed for MySQL, or at
least with a "MySQL mind".  It's gotten much better lately, but I kind of
doubt your statement.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Openexchange release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Peter,

> I develop a little bit for eGroupWare, which is a fork of phpGroupWare.
> There, it certainly seems that phpGroupWare was developed for MySQL, or at
> least with a "MySQL mind".  It's gotten much better lately, but I kind of
> doubt your statement.

I haven't been involved since phpGroupWare 0.1, so it's quite possible they
switched.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions