linux live CD

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Attention all!

OSCON is rapidly approaching and I want to update a Linux live CD that I
have for the event. I had an earlier conversation with Marc who said
there would be no problem hosting the CD (@650mb in size) for download.

I want to get it uploaded ASAP and get everybody to see it so I can get
suggestions for the next version.

If anybody out there already has one of their own that's already got pg
running, and yes that includes the Japanese version too, then let's talk
about what would be good for the distribution and pick the best of both
worlds.

Can I get some reaction to this posting?

Robert

Re: linux live CD

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca (Robert Bernier) wrote:
> If anybody out there already has one of their own that's already got
> pg running, and yes that includes the Japanese version too, then let's
> talk about what would be good for the distribution and pick the best
> of both worlds.
>
> Can I get some reaction to this posting?

I'll give out the reaction, "Yeah, I'd like to see an ISO emerge Real
Soon Now..."  I can burn 50 copies pretty easily, given enough time
with an ISO.  But if not given time, then evidently not...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/languages.html

Re: linux live CD

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Robert Bernier wrote:
> If anybody out there already has one of their own that's already got
> pg running, and yes that includes the Japanese version too, then
> let's talk about what would be good for the distribution and pick the
> best of both worlds.

At work we build live and install CDs all day for fun and profit.  Some
of them have PostgreSQL on them.  We can put anything else on it if you
want.  The problem isn't making the CD image, it's financing the CD
production.

Re: linux live CD

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Okay.

Marc can you respond to this please? May I upload the iso image so
people can look at it?

Robert

Christopher Browne wrote:

>robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca (Robert Bernier) wrote:
>

>>If anybody out there already has one of their own that's already got
>>pg running, and yes that includes the Japanese version too, then let's
>>talk about what would be good for the distribution and pick the best
>>of both worlds.
>>
>>Can I get some reaction to this posting?
>>

>I'll give out the reaction, "Yeah, I'd like to see an ISO emerge Real
>Soon Now..."  I can burn 50 copies pretty easily, given enough time
>with an ISO.  But if not given time, then evidently not...

Re: linux live CD

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
I've been given to understand that there is a budget for this. So I'm
just moving to the next step and get some peer review. All I'm for is
for a little direction on how to make a 650mb iso image available for
everybody ie: I need a site.

Robert

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>At work we build live and install CDs all day for fun and profit.  Some
>of them have PostgreSQL on them.  We can put anything else on it if you
>want.  The problem isn't making the CD image, it's financing the CD
>production.

Re: linux live CD

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
How big is this ISO?

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Robert Bernier wrote:

> Okay.
>
> Marc can you respond to this please? May I upload the iso image so
> people can look at it?
>
> Robert
>
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>
> >robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca (Robert Bernier) wrote:
> >

> >>If anybody out there already has one of their own that's already got
> >>pg running, and yes that includes the Japanese version too, then let's
> >>talk about what would be good for the distribution and pick the best
> >>of both worlds.
> >>
> >>Can I get some reaction to this posting?
> >>

> >I'll give out the reaction, "Yeah, I'd like to see an ISO emerge Real
> >Soon Now..."  I can burn 50 copies pretty easily, given enough time
> >with an ISO.  But if not given time, then evidently not...

----

Re: linux live CD

From
Robert Bernier

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>How big is this ISO?

650mb

Re: linux live CD

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
Thanks anyway.

I'm going to start updating the CD this week and will keep every in the
loop on the advocacy site so I can generate some comments/guidance.

Robert