Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 05:24:06PM -0500, Rod Taylor wrote:
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040129/lath071_1.html

Apparently they found out Postgres is closer to SQL 92 than SQL 99:

"(...) PostgreSQL, an SQL-94 compliant database system, (...)"

;-)

It'd be nice to see it running ...

Y una voz del caos me habló y me dijo
"Sonríe y sé feliz, podría ser peor".
Y sonreí. Y fui feliz.
Y fue peor.

Re: Clustered Postgresql

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

Yeah, these guys contacted Bruce shortly before PR launch.   I've already
contacted them about submitting a news item, etc, and welcoming their
engineers to join our community.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Clustered Postgresql

From
"Merlin Moncure"
Date:
Rod Taylor wrote:
> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040129/lath071_1.html

Is it really true what they claim: linear scalability with new nodes
(for reads)?  This seems like a 'better replication than replication'.

Merlin

Re: Clustered Postgresql

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 15:02, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Rod Taylor wrote:
> > http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040129/lath071_1.html
>
> Is it really true what they claim: linear scalability with new nodes
> (for reads)?  This seems like a 'better replication than replication'.

I don't know.

It is possible, but I would assume it's not intended for clusters
smaller than 4 to 8 standard machines.

Re: Clustered Postgresql

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 15:02, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>
>>Rod Taylor wrote:
>>
>>>http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040129/lath071_1.html
>>
>>Is it really true what they claim: linear scalability with new nodes
>>(for reads)?  This seems like a 'better replication than replication'.

Well just about any replication can give you that... My curiousity lies
in how well they scale with writes.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake