Booth at OSCON?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

I've a potential offer of sponsorship for a small booth at OSCON.   However,
the sponsor wants us to do most of the staffing of the booth.

For the people who are going, do you think that you can commit to covering it?
This would mean that each of us would have to take at least 1/2 day in the
booth, or better a full day, and that as many people as possible would be
needed to staff it at lunchtime and 5pm.

Elein, what do you think of this idea?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Booth at OSCON?

From
Robert Bernier
Date:
I'd be ready to volunteer time but only after I know that my proposal
has been accepted (21 days?)

Josh Berkus wrote:

>For the people who are going, do you think that you can commit to covering it?

Re: Booth at OSCON?

From
elein
Date:
Who is the sponsor?

And *YES*

I think we have enough people if all help out a little bit.

I'm writing up an Postgresql OSCON presence status and
will send it out soon.

--elein

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 11:08:25AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've a potential offer of sponsorship for a small booth at OSCON.   However,
> the sponsor wants us to do most of the staffing of the booth.
>
> For the people who are going, do you think that you can commit to covering it?
> This would mean that each of us would have to take at least 1/2 day in the
> booth, or better a full day, and that as many people as possible would be
> needed to staff it at lunchtime and 5pm.
>
> Elein, what do you think of this idea?
>
> --
> -Josh Berkus
>  Aglio Database Solutions
>  San Francisco

Re: Booth at OSCON?

From
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Date:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've a potential offer of sponsorship for a small booth at OSCON.   However,
> the sponsor wants us to do most of the staffing of the booth.
>
> For the people who are going, do you think that you can commit to covering it?
> This would mean that each of us would have to take at least 1/2 day in the
> booth, or better a full day, and that as many people as possible would be
> needed to staff it at lunchtime and 5pm.

I'm planning on attending (God willing and the creeks don't raise) and
would be more than willing to do 1/2 day or better.  As long as I don't
have to answer too technical of questions.  I'm an old Oracle
user/developer (5/6 years ago) and have a pretty fair grip on the
relational theory stuff but just getting back into actual database design
again.  I know what the rule system, functions, and friends buy a
developer and use them.  I've done a few simple applications with several
more in the works.  I do have to deal with MS SQL Server daily so
understand it's down-sides and get to cuss at MySQL a few times a month
when a php programmer(?) gets confused.

   (Geez enough of this.  I'm beginning to sound like I'm applying for a
job.  Well maybe I am.  :-)

Rod

Re: Booth at OSCON?

From
Jan Wieck
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've a potential offer of sponsorship for a small booth at OSCON.   However,
> the sponsor wants us to do most of the staffing of the booth.
>
> For the people who are going, do you think that you can commit to covering it?
> This would mean that each of us would have to take at least 1/2 day in the
> booth, or better a full day, and that as many people as possible would be
> needed to staff it at lunchtime and 5pm.

If Andrew and Janusz agree that I should go, and my proposal for a Slony
in depth presentation is accepted, I am in.

Jan

Re: Booth at OSCON?

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've a potential offer of sponsorship for a small booth at OSCON.   However,
> the sponsor wants us to do most of the staffing of the booth.
>
> For the people who are going, do you think that you can commit to covering it?
> This would mean that each of us would have to take at least 1/2 day in the
> booth, or better a full day, and that as many people as possible would be
> needed to staff it at lunchtime and 5pm.
>
> Elein, what do you think of this idea?

I can do it if I don't have to attend a PostgreSQL talk at the same time.