Mozilla SQL project

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

   I literally FELL across this today:

   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/sql/

    Notice what library they are linking too..

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org

Re: Mozilla SQL project

Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I literally FELL across this today:
>
>    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/sql/
>
>     Notice what library they are linking too..

Nice.  The mixture of the Firebird name and PostgreSQL is somewhat
confusing because I have to shift gears between Firebird DB and Firebird
browser.

Re: Mozilla SQL project

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 13:02, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >    I literally FELL across this today:
> >
> >    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/sql/
> >
> >     Notice what library they are linking too..
>
> Nice.  The mixture of the Firebird name and PostgreSQL is somewhat
> confusing because I have to shift gears between Firebird DB and Firebird
> browser.

hah.. That was my first reaction too. Why is Joshua so excited about
them linking to Firebird DB..

Re: Mozilla SQL project

Date:
Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 13:02, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > >    I literally FELL across this today:
> > >
> > >    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/sql/
> > >
> > >     Notice what library they are linking too..
> >
> > Nice.  The mixture of the Firebird name and PostgreSQL is somewhat
> > confusing because I have to shift gears between Firebird DB and Firebird
> > browser.
>
> hah.. That was my first reaction too. Why is Joshua so excited about
> them linking to Firebird DB..

Yep, I thought, "Firebird, why Firebird?".  And I was downloading
Mozilla from a site and saw the only other directory as labeled
Firebird, and I thought, "Wow, Firebird is gaining visibility".

Re: Mozilla SQL project

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

   The very real, very cool thing about this is that it is about cross
platform as you can get and you can develop
complete applications that link directly to PostgreSQL with it. The only
requirement for the client side is
Mozilla and the SQL extension.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake