Open source database polishes rough edges (fwd)

From
Anton de Wet
Date:
IT Web is one of the most popular, mainstream IT portals in South Africa.

http://www.itweb.co.za/sections/computing/2003/0311200938.asp?O=E#4

Anton

--
Vocabulary as bad as, like, whatever.

And another one

From
Anton de Wet
Date:
http://www.tectonic.co.za/default.php?action=view&id=241&topic=Database

The title is "PostgreSQL 7.4 queries 'up to 400% faster now'"

Anton

Re: And another one

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

> The title is "PostgreSQL 7.4 queries 'up to 400% faster now'"

Boy, reporters love that phrase.  As long as they keep the "up to", since the
speed increase only affects a few kinds of queries.

Anton, we don't have a "regional volunteer" for South Africa.  You wanna be
it?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: And another one

From
Anton de Wet
Date:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> > The title is "PostgreSQL 7.4 queries 'up to 400% faster now'"
>
> Boy, reporters love that phrase.  As long as they keep the "up to", since the
> speed increase only affects a few kinds of queries.
>
> Anton, we don't have a "regional volunteer" for South Africa.  You wanna be
> it?

OK (he says before knowing what it entails) :)

Anton

--
Vocabulary as bad as, like, whatever.