Oracle - PostgreSQL comparison

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: Oracle - PostgreSQL comparison

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hello,

  That is a little vague. Oracle and PostgreSQL although very
similar are also very different and serve different markets and needs.
Is there something specific you are looking for besides the fact that
PostgreSQL doesn't cost 40k?

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

Co-Founder
Command Prompt, Inc.
The wheel's spinning but the hamster's dead

Date:

Re: Oracle - PostgreSQL comparison

From
Troels Arvin

Re: Oracle - PostgreSQL comparison

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 16:28, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> * I've prepared a "How to Migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL" document. *
>
> I believe that I may have missed some points while comparing them. That's
> why I'm looking for some documents or web pages. There is nothing specifis
> at all.

In case you missed it, there was a recent thread on -hackers regarding
Oracle/PostgreSQL compatibility:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-10/msg00143.php

Robert Treat