Logo for PostgreSQL

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
I've looked around the advocacy website, but I didn't find anything;
is there an official logo that should be used to promote pgsql?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim@nasby.net

Re: Logo for PostgreSQL

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
http://www.postgresql.org/images/banner-right.jpg

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> I've looked around the advocacy website, but I didn't find anything;
> is there an official logo that should be used to promote pgsql?
> --
> Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim@nasby.net
> Member: Triangle Fraternity, Sports Car Club of America
> Give your computer some brain candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828
>
> Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
> Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
> FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming, or what?"

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Logo for PostgreSQL

From
Anton de Wet
Date:
Sorry, off topic, but on this stressed out Monday I have to share any
laughter that came my way.

The 1st thing that popped into my my when I saw the Subject was something
like this:

create function new_position() returns coordinate
as '
      TO NEWPOS
         FORWARD 90
         RIGHT 60
' language 'pgLogo';

:)

Anton

--
No place like 127.0.0.1

Re: Logo for PostgreSQL

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
God, I thought I was old ... I knew what Logo was, I just didn't know how
to write code in it ... you can actually write code in it? :)

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Anton de Wet wrote:

> Sorry, off topic, but on this stressed out Monday I have to share any
> laughter that came my way.
>
> The 1st thing that popped into my my when I saw the Subject was something
> like this:
>
> create function new_position() returns coordinate
> as '
>       TO NEWPOS
>          FORWARD 90
>          RIGHT 60
> ' language 'pgLogo';
>
> :)
>
> Anton
>
> --
> No place like 127.0.0.1

Re: Logo for PostgreSQL

From
"Jim C. Nasby"
Date:
Is there a copy that has the text PostgreSQL in it somewhere? I doubt
anyone will know what the funny little elephant is doing on our stats
site... :P

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 01:01:04PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> http://www.postgresql.org/images/banner-right.jpg
>
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>
> > I've looked around the advocacy website, but I didn't find anything;
> > is there an official logo that should be used to promote pgsql?
> > --
> > Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim@nasby.net
> > Member: Triangle Fraternity, Sports Car Club of America
> > Give your computer some brain candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828
> >
> > Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
> > Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
> > FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming, or what?"

Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim@nasby.net

Re: Logo for PostgreSQL

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Ah, you probabaly want something like the following instead?

    http://www.pgsql.com/graphics/propaganda/pg-power.jpg

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> Is there a copy that has the text PostgreSQL in it somewhere? I doubt
> anyone will know what the funny little elephant is doing on our stats
> site... :P
>
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 01:01:04PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/images/banner-right.jpg
> >
> > On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> >
> > > I've looked around the advocacy website, but I didn't find anything;
> > > is there an official logo that should be used to promote pgsql?
> > > --
> > > Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim@nasby.net
> > > Member: Triangle Fraternity, Sports Car Club of America
> > > Give your computer some brain candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828
> > >
> > > Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
> > > Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
> > > FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming, or what?"

> > > TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
> > >

> --
> Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim@nasby.net
> Member: Triangle Fraternity, Sports Car Club of America
> Give your computer some brain candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828
>
> Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
> Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
> FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming, or what?"

Re: Logo for PostgreSQL

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> Is there a copy that has the text PostgreSQL in it somewhere? I doubt
> anyone will know what the funny little elephant is doing on our stats
> site... :P

Hi Jim,

I noticed that the logo on your stats Web site links to
http://www.pgsql.com -- I am not sure if this is a mistake or
intentional. The project's official Web site is at
http://www.postgresql.org.

Thanks,

Gavin

Re: Logo for PostgreSQL

From
Dennis Bjorklund
Date:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> I've looked around the advocacy website, but I didn't find anything;
> is there an official logo that should be used to promote pgsql?

Here are several:

http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda/

--
/Dennis