OpenOffice + PG

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Looks like there's a download for a PG driver (alpha state) for the
forthcoming OOo v1.1
  http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/

Is anyone from round here helping Joerg Budischewski? He's got some questions
on the above page, and I'm not sure whether the new 7.4 protocol is going to
complicate his house.

I'm completely out of my depth on this - know nothing about OOo (except as a
user).

--
  Richard Huxton

Re: OpenOffice + PG

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Richard,

> Looks like there's a download for a PG driver (alpha state) for the
> forthcoming OOo v1.1
>   http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/
>
> Is anyone from round here helping Joerg Budischewski? He's got some
> questions on the above page, and I'm not sure whether the new 7.4 protocol
> is going to complicate his house.

I am.  I didn't post the driver availablity to ANNOUCE because Joerg asked me
not to ... he doesn't want too many more people using this very-alpha dirver
yet.

However, expert help from anyone who knows C++ and Postgres is very welcome.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions