Schema sync or compare

From
Ankur Kaushik
Date:
Hi ,

Please let me know Is there any tool in postgreSQL for to compare the schema of two databases.

Regards
Ankur

Re: Schema sync or compare

From
Cliff Pratt
Date:
When I have had to do this I have dumped the schemas and compared the two outputs. I have some vague recollection that this was complicated by the two outputs being in different orders but I'm not sure.

What exactly is the problem? You present one solution (compare the schemas) but there may be other solutions.

Cheers,

Cliff

Please let me know Is there any tool in postgreSQL for to compare the schema of two databases.

Regards
Ankur

Re: Schema sync or compare

From
Guillaume Lelarge

Le 9 avr. 2015 09:39, "Ankur Kaushik" <ankurkaushik@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi ,
>
> Please let me know Is there any tool in postgreSQL for to compare the schema of two databases.

The perl script check_postgres.pl does that. It's quite handy.