pgdump with batch insert

From
Ankur Kaushik
Date:
Hi ,

Is there possibility in pgdump to get insert statement in batch insert into tablename value(),(),(),;

as well as We can use replace keyword or insert ignore .

Re: pgdump with batch insert

From
Jan Lentfer
Date:
Am 2015-04-08 14:02, schrieb Ankur Kaushik:
> Is there possibility in pgdump to get insert statement in batch
> insert
> into tablename value(),(),(),;
>
> as well as We can use replace keyword or insert ignore .

Have you read the documentation for pg_dump?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-pgdump.html

--inserts

     Dump data as INSERT commands (rather than COPY). This will make
restoration very slow; it is mainly useful for making dumps that can be
loaded into non-PostgreSQL databases. However, since this option
generates a separate command for each row, an error in reloading a row
causes only that row to be lost rather than the entire table contents.
Note that the restore might fail altogether if you have rearranged
column order. The --column-inserts option is safe against column order
changes, though even slower.

Regards

Jan

Re: pgdump with batch insert

From
jaime soler
Date:
El mié, 08-04-2015 a las 17:32 +0530, Ankur Kaushik escribió:
> Hi ,
>

> Is there possibility in pgdump to get insert statement in batch insert
> into tablename value(),(),(),;

No, pg_dump doesn't generate insert statements of multiple values, just
one value per insert with --inserts