Dump SQL DDL of all functions in DB

From
"Bradley Holbrook, Servillian Technology"

Anyone know how to dump the DDL of every function in a schema into one file?

Essentially, I’d like to do something like:

‘functions ddl dump cmd’ public functions.sql

Bradley A Holbrook

Sr. Web Developer

Servillian Technology Ltd

http://www.servillian.com

bholbrook@servillian.com

bholbrook@telus.blackberry.net

Cell:       (250) 309 – 7408

Office: (250) 260 – 4351 ext. 13

*************************************

For up to the minute news, support notifications and other pertinant information regarding your website or related services, you can use the following resources:

Twitter | Facebook | Support Website

Re: Dump SQL DDL of all functions in DB

From
Joe Conway
Date:
On 08/03/2011 04:35 PM, Bradley Holbrook, Servillian Technology wrote:
> Anyone know how to dump the DDL of every function in a schema into one file?
>
> Essentially, I’d like to do something like:
>
> ‘functions ddl dump cmd’ public functions.sql

The easiest way is probably to do a schema-only dump and then edit the
result to eliminate everything you don't want. E.g.:

  pg_dump --schema-only --schema=foobar test

Note that "--schema-only" means object definitions without data whereas
"--schema=foobar" is saying to only consider objects in the schema
called foobar. The work "schema" here has two different meanings.

HTH,

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us

Re: Dump SQL DDL of all functions in DB

From
Jerry Sievers
Date:
"Bradley Holbrook, Servillian Technology" <bholbrook@servillian.com>
writes:

> Anyone know how to dump the DDL of every function in a schema into one file?
>
> Essentially, Iùd like to do something like:
>
> øfunctions ddl dump cmdù public functions.sql

select pg_get_functiondef(p.oid) || ';'
from pg_proc p
join pg_namespace n on p.pronamespace = n.oid
where n.nspname = 'public'
;
psql -Atq -f...

HTH

> Bradley A Holbrook
>
> Sr. Web Developer
>
> Servillian Technology Ltd
>
> http://www.servillian.com
>
> bholbrook@servillian.com
>
> bholbrook@telus.blackberry.net
>
> Cell:       (250) 309 ó 7408
>
> Office: (250) 260 ó 4351 ext. 13

> For up to the minute news, support notifications and other pertinant information regarding your website or related
> services, you can use the following resources:
>
> Twitter | Facebook | Support Website

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting