Reg: invalid byte sequence for encoding utf8 0x00

From
"JSPrabu"

Hi Support,

Please help for the following issues which I am facing with migration and replication process of oracle to EnterpriseDB database.

1)      While migrating tables from oracle to edb database, I am facing invalid byte sequence for encoding utf8” error.

Actually I am migrating through “migration studio”. In this wizard, while doing online migration of oracle table with data’s , constraints and indexes, constraints and indexes are migrated but I am getting this encoding error when migrating table data’s.

2)      In xDB replication console also, I am facing this same encoding error.

In one support link, I came to know that we have to add “-DreplaceNullChar=true” and “-DnullReplacementChar=replacement char command in advanced JVM options for replacing “null” value from oracle table to edb table, But I could not find advanced JVM options in xDB replication console.

Source:

database:                            Oracle 10.2.0.3.0

nls_lang:                              American

nls_characterset:             WE8ISO8859P1

target:

database:            PostgrePlus 8.4 Advanced server

encoding:            utf8

Thanks & Regards,

-----------------------

Prabu.J.S

Database Administrator  |  iRADcle Solutions.

Handy : +91 978 624 4530  |  Off : 044 44507141

Re: Reg: invalid byte sequence for encoding utf8 0x00

From
Shoaib Mir
Date:
Please help for the following issues which I am facing with migration and replication process of oracle to EnterpriseDB database.

1)      While migrating tables from oracle to edb database, I am facing invalid byte sequence for encoding utf8” error.

I guess you are posting it on the wrong list as this is not an EnterpriseDB mailing list but its for PostgreSQL related questions so hmm I am not sure if anyone will be able to help you with migration studio here.

It will be easy to help if you can let us know of the offending row that is giving the problem?

--
Shoaib Mir
http://shoaibmir.wordpress.com/