Unclosed connections

From
PostgreSQL Admin
Date:
We are using this bad piece of the software that does not close
connections to the postgres server.  Is there some setting for closing
dead connections? And not TCP/IP keep alive does not work.

Re: [SQL] Unclosed connections

From
"Scott Marlowe"
Date:
On Jan 25, 2008 10:02 AM, PostgreSQL Admin
<postgres@productivitymedia.com> wrote:
> We are using this bad piece of the software that does not close
> connections to the postgres server.  Is there some setting for closing
> dead connections? And not TCP/IP keep alive does not work.

If the TCP keepalive can't detect them as dead, how is something else
supposed to?  I.e. if a keepalive packet gets answered, then the
connection isn't dead, something is still connected to it.