Configure pg_hba.conf

From
"Alexander B."
Date:
Hi people,

I would like to configure pg_hba for any IP.
I have several network mask, .... some times 192..., or 10...., or 190
..., ... ...

How can I configure for any IP?

Thanks
Alexander

Re: Configure pg_hba.conf

From
"Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)"
Date:
Hi Alexander,

Use 0.0.0.0/0.  You can of course add multiple lines to match all your
ranges (e.g. 192.168.0.0/24, 10.0.0.0/8 etc.)

Regards,

Andy.

Alexander B. wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I would like to configure pg_hba for any IP.
> I have several network mask, .... some times 192..., or 10...., or 190
> ..., ... ...
>
> How can I configure for any IP?
>
> Thanks
> Alexander

>        match
>
> !DSPAM:37,46c33ff9107509519219121!

Re: Configure pg_hba.conf

From
"Peter Koczan"
Date:
A few notes. postgres looks through pg_hba.conf until it finds the
*first* entry that matches and tries to authenticate and connect using
that method. There's no fallback, so order of entries is important.

If you just want to have any IP connect using one particular
authentication method, put something like this as the last line in
your pg_hba.conf:
host    all         all         0.0.0.0           0.0.0.0           md5

Keep in mind that *anyone* from *any computer* can try to connect to
your database server.  (i.e. caveat emptor)

If you want to do something different for other subnets or restrict
access to specific users, you should put those lines in *before* that
so that postgres will see them.

Check here for more details:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/client-authentication.html

Peter

On 8/15/07, Alexander B. <burbello3000@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I would like to configure pg_hba for any IP.
> I have several network mask, .... some times 192..., or 10...., or 190
> ..., ... ...
>
> How can I configure for any IP?
>
> Thanks
> Alexander

>        match

Re: Configure pg_hba.conf

From
Julio Cesar Sánchez González
Date:
El mié, 15-08-2007 a las 13:39 -0500, Peter Koczan escribió:
> A few notes. postgres looks through pg_hba.conf until it finds the
> *first* entry that matches and tries to authenticate and connect using
> that method. There's no fallback, so order of entries is important.
>
> If you just want to have any IP connect using one particular
> authentication method, put something like this as the last line in
> your pg_hba.conf:
> host    all         all         0.0.0.0           0.0.0.0           md5
>
> Keep in mind that *anyone* from *any computer* can try to connect to
> your database server.  (i.e. caveat emptor)
>
> If you want to do something different for other subnets or restrict
> access to specific users, you should put those lines in *before* that
> so that postgres will see them.
>
> Check here for more details:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/client-authentication.html
>
> Peter
>
> On 8/15/07, Alexander B. <burbello3000@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> > Hi people,
> >
> > I would like to configure pg_hba for any IP.
> > I have several network mask, .... some times 192..., or 10...., or 190
> > ..., ... ...
> >
> > How can I configure for any IP?

In the pg_hba.conf add some similar to:

host    all         all         192.168.1.0/24        trust

with the respective cidr address would you like to do.

> > Thanks
> > Alexander

> > TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
> >        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
> >        match

Julio Cesar Sánchez González
www.sistemasyconectividad.com.mx
blog: http://darkavngr.blogspot.com

---
Ahora me he convertido en la muerte, destructora de mundos.
Soy la Muerte que se lleva todo, la fuente de las cosas que vendran.