Localisation

From
"Martial Elise KIBA"
Date:
Hi all!

I have a postgresql sever running on RedHat EL 4.0 Update 2.

the following locales applies to my database:

lc_messages = 'fr_FR.UTF-8'                     # locale for system error message
                                        # strings
lc_monetary = 'fr_FR.UTF-8'                     # locale for monetary formatting
lc_numeric = 'fr_FR.UTF-8'                      # locale for number formatting
lc_time = 'fr_FR.UTF-8'                         # locale for time formatting

But postgresql steal respond in english, and TO_CHAR(date, 'Day, DD Month
YYYY') return a date in english

Martial E. W. KIBA
Ingénieur de Conception en Informatiques
Option Génie-Logiciel
Tél: (+226) 70 15 44 93
Mail: mkiba@delgi.gov.bf / mkiba01@yahoo.fr

Re: Localisation

Date:
"Martial Elise KIBA" <mkiba@delgi.gov.bf> writes:
> I have a postgresql sever running on RedHat EL 4.0 Update 2.
> But postgresql steal respond in english, and TO_CHAR(date, 'Day, DD Month
> YYYY') return a date in english

What PG version is this?  Are you sure it was built with --enable-nls?
("pg_config --configure" is the way to check.)

According to the manual, to_char() only emits localized month names if
you use "TMMonth".  But I'm not sure why you're not seeing localized
messages, if the server was built with the correct options.

            regards, tom lane