Hola

From
"Loan Joa Matos"
Date:
Alguien me podría decir donde encontrar documentacion para hacer replicación en postgreSQL.
Saludos.
Loan.

Re: Hola

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 12:50:20PM -0400, Loan Joa Matos wrote:
> Alguien me podría decir donde encontrar documentacion para hacer
> replicación en postgreSQL.

Esta es una lista en ingles.  Hay una lista en español aca:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-es-ayuda

http://www.slony.info

"There is evil in the world. There are dark, awful things. Occasionally, we get
a glimpse of them. But there are dark corners; horrors almost impossible to
imagine... even in our worst nightmares." (Van Helsing, Dracula A.D. 1972)

Database disappeared

From
Marco Rademeyer
Date:
Hi

I have a very strange problem.
I was importing about 5 gigs of data last night.

When I got in this morning the script had completed. But my database has
disappeared. I login to the databases , but all the tables are gone.

in the /var/lib/postgresql/data/base/17164/ . The data is still there.

When logged into the databases

\d  gives me the following output:
 'no relations found '

Is there any way that I can put these relations back?
Any help would be great.

Regards
Marco Rademeyer

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security@pnp.co.za

Re: Database disappeared

From
Guido Barosio
You mention:

script has ended -> so, it was a piece of sql sentences, no drop at any time?

databases disappeared  -> the db is not any more, or the relations are not more there?

Could this script create a schema and moved everything on this schema?

try postgresql-shell # \dn

That should list your schemas.

I was importing about 5 gigs of data last night.

When I got in this morning the script had completed. But my database has
disappeared. I login to the databases , but all the tables are gone.

in the /var/lib/postgresql/data/base/17164/ . The data is still there.

When logged into the databases

\d  gives me the following output:
'no relations found '

Is there any way that I can put these relations back?
Any help would be great.

Regards
Marco Rademeyer

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security@pnp.co.za

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

--
"Adopting the position that you are smarter than an automatic
optimization algorithm is generally a good way to achieve less

Re: Hola

From
Guido Barosio
Date:

On 7/26/05, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 12:50:20PM -0400, Loan Joa Matos wrote:
> Alguien me podría decir donde encontrar documentacion para hacer
> replicación en postgreSQL.

Esta es una lista en ingles.  Hay una lista en español aca:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-es-ayuda

http://www.slony.info

"There is evil in the world. There are dark, awful things. Occasionally, we get
a glimpse of them. But there are dark corners; horrors almost impossible to
imagine... even in our worst nightmares." (Van Helsing, Dracula A.D. 1972)

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

--

Date:
Marco Rademeyer <mrademeyer@pnp.co.za> writes:
> I have a very strange problem.
> I was importing about 5 gigs of data last night.

> When I got in this morning the script had completed. But my database has
> disappeared. I login to the databases , but all the tables are gone.

Sounds a whole lot like transaction ID wraparound :-(.  How long ago did
you last do a database-wide VACUUM?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Database disappeared

From
Marco Rademeyer
Date:
hi All

I seems to be that the script that I was running to do the VACUUM FULL
on the databases was not doing its job.

I have run a VACUUM FREEZ on the databases. This has brought back some
of the Databases. I am waiting for it to complete.

I was getting warparound errors. When I tried to do a vacuum.

Thanks for the VACUUM idea. I thought it was happening every Sunday.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Marco

> Marco Rademeyer <mrademeyer@pnp.co.za> writes:
> > I have a very strange problem.
> > I was importing about 5 gigs of data last night.
>
> > When I got in this morning the script had completed. But my database has
> > disappeared. I login to the databases , but all the tables are gone.
>
> Sounds a whole lot like transaction ID wraparound :-(.  How long ago did
> you last do a database-wide VACUUM?
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
>
> !DSPAM:42e79f14190891268238603!
>

> Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
> If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
> Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security@pnp.co.za

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security@pnp.co.za

Re: Database disappeared

From
"Rainer J. H. Brandt"
Date:
Hello everybody,

sorry if you consider this off-topic, but (despite the serious
situation, sorry again) I thought this was funny:

Marco wrote
> I was getting warparound errors. When I tried to do a vacuum.

after Tom had written
>> Sounds a whole lot like transaction ID wraparound :-(.  How long ago did
>> you last do a database-wide VACUUM?

Perhaps a warparound might be a nice solution for a wraparound problem.

Greetings, Rainer
Rainer J. H. Brandt                            email:     rjhb@bb-c.de
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH                  web:        www.bb-c.de
Kamberg 111                                    phone:  +49 2448 919126
D 53940 Hellenthal                             mobile: +49 172 9593205