Breaking out log by database

From
"Chris Hoover"
Date:
Question,

I have several db servers that have postgresql clusters with many db's (5 upto
170) in them.  Is there a way to breakout the postgres logs by the database?

Thanks,

chris

Re: Breaking out log by database

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 13:21:34 -0400,
  Chris Hoover <revoohc@sermonaudio.com> wrote:
> Question,
>
> I have several db servers that have postgresql clusters with many db's (5 upto
> 170) in them.  Is there a way to breakout the postgres logs by the database?

I don't think it is possible to do that in the released versions, but I know
there was some discussions about adding the database name to the log records
not too long ago. (Within the last couple of months.) So it may not be too
hard to do this in 7.5 when it is released.

Re: Breaking out log by database

Date:
\Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 13:21:34 -0400,
>   Chris Hoover <revoohc@sermonaudio.com> wrote:
> > Question,
> >
> > I have several db servers that have postgresql clusters with many db's (5 upto
> > 170) in them.  Is there a way to breakout the postgres logs by the database?
>
> I don't think it is possible to do that in the released versions, but I know
> there was some discussions about adding the database name to the log records
> not too long ago. (Within the last couple of months.) So it may not be too
> hard to do this in 7.5 when it is released.

In 7.5, you have log_line_prefix, which can contain the database name as
a prefix on each log line.