TCP/IP connection

From
Ashok Chauhan
Date:
hi

i want to accsess my postgresql data base from network it is only
possible when i start postgresql by following command:-
postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
after rebooting the system it does not listen for TCP/IP connection.
how can i configure it for listening TCP/IP connection after rebooting.
plz help me.

Re: TCP/IP connection

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: TCP/IP connection

From
Frank Finner
Date:
On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 17:22:55 +0530
pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org wrote:

> hi
>
> i want to accsess my postgresql data base from network it is only
> possible when i start postgresql by following command:-
> postmaster -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
> after rebooting the system it does not listen for TCP/IP connection.
> how can i configure it for listening TCP/IP connection after
> rebooting. plz help me.

In postgresql.conf, set tcpip_socket = true.

Regards, Frank