Postgresql book

From
Giannis Vrentzos
Date:
Hi all.

I want to buy a book for postgresql administration but i do not know
which one. Can anybody suggest me one?

Thanks
Gvre

Re: Postgresql book

From
Tom Van den Brandt
Date:
Giannis Vrentzos wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I want to buy a book for postgresql administration but i do not know
> which one. Can anybody suggest me one?
>
> Thanks
> Gvre

Postgresql by Douglas&Douglas has been very usefull to me...

--
Tom Van den Brandt
I try...

Re: Postgresql book

From
Kaarel

> I want to buy a book for postgresql administration but i do not know
> which one. Can anybody suggest me one?

You might also want to see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/awbook.html
and http://www.commandprompt.com/ppbook/book1.htm for not so recent but
still useful books.

Kaarel

Re: Postgresql book

From
nospam@lowth.com (Chris Lowth)
Date:
Giannis Vrentzos <gvre@NOSPAM.gvre.gr> wrote in message news:<1062660999.173141@athprx02>...
> Hi all.
>
> I want to buy a book for postgresql administration but i do not know
> which one. Can anybody suggest me one?
>
> Thanks
> Gvre

Try http://www.lowth.com/books/browse/postgresql for a list of the
"top seller" postgresql books.

Re: Postgresql book

From
Giannis Vrentzos
Date:
Tom Van den Brandt wrote:
> Giannis Vrentzos wrote:
>

>>Hi all.
>>
>>I want to buy a book for postgresql administration but i do not know
>>which one. Can anybody suggest me one?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Gvre
>

> Postgresql by Douglas&Douglas has been very usefull to me...

Thanks a lot.

Gvre

Re: Postgresql book

From
Randall Perry
Date:
The O'Reilly book is good. That and the manuals should be all you need

--
Randall Perry
sysTame

Xserve Web Hosting/Co-location
Website Development/Promotion
Mac Consulting/Sales

http://www.systame.com/

Re: Postgresql book

From
Al Hulaton
Date:
On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 08:50, Randall Perry wrote:
> The O'Reilly book is good. That and the manuals should be all you need

I personally use the O'Reilly book (you can even search it on our site,
although it covers pgsql 7.1), Bruce Momjian's book and the techdocs in
the /doc directory.

--
Best,
Al Hulaton    |  Sr. Account Engineer  |  Command Prompt, Inc.