index item size 4496 exceeds maximum 2713

From
Jon Hassen
Date:
Hi,

  When I try and create an index on a text field, I get this response:

"ERROR:  btree: index item size 4496 exceeds maximum 2713"

  On another PGSQL database I only got that message when the size was above
8192. How can I change my database to use the full 8192 size? Or how can I
get around this problem at all?

  If you answer, would you please send the response to my email address as
well as to this list? Please?

Thanks,

Jon Hassen
jhassen@azstarnet.com

Re: index item size 4496 exceeds maximum 2713

Date:
Jon Hassen <jhassen@azstarnet.com> writes:
>   When I try and create an index on a text field, I get this response:
> "ERROR:  btree: index item size 4496 exceeds maximum 2713"
>   On another PGSQL database I only got that message when the size was above
> 8192.

Perhaps you were using BLCKSZ=32K on the other system?

            regards, tom lane