moving database to production

From
s.chava@wcom.com (Srinivasa Rao Chava)
Date:
Hi,
How to move the database from devleopment to production.
For example, the database is already in production and some of the
tables required modifications. First those modification were
implemented in develoment.
The modified tables need to be moved to production from
development,not the complete database.
So how to move the selective tables in development database to
production database.
Thanks
chava

Re: moving database to production

From
"Martins Zarins"
Date:
On 28 Sep 2001, at 12:12, Srinivasa Rao Chava wrote:

> Hi,
> How to move the database from devleopment to production.
> For example, the database is already in production and some of the
> tables required modifications. First those modification were
> implemented in develoment. The modified tables need to be moved to
> production from development,not the complete database. So how to move
> the selective tables in development database to production database.
> Thanks chava

pg_dump -t <new_table> <dev_db> |psql <prod_db>

Mark

Re: moving database to production

From
Srinivasa R Chava
Date:
Thanks for your response. But I want to move the database objects
owned by a particualr user.
say there are 20  tables,and other database objects like
functions, procedures etc owned by two different users. I want to
move the database objects( tables, and other objects like
procedures, sequences) owned by a particular user to production.
If I use pg_dump with -t option, I can move the tables. But what
about the other objects like sequences and procedures owned by a
particualar user. In oracle, we can use export and import with
owner=user name option to move the complete schema owned by a
particualr user. How to do it ion pgsql.
Thanks
chava
--

Srinivasa R Chava (Chava) <s.chava@wcom.com>
Application Developer

Date:
Thanks for your response. But I want to move the database objects
owned by a particualr user.
say there are 20  tables,and other database objects like
functions, procedures etc owned by two different users. I want to
move the database objects( tables, and other objects like
procedures, sequences) owned by a particular user to production.
If I use pg_dump with -t option, I can move the tables. But what
about the other objects like sequences and procedures owned by a
particualar user. In oracle, we can use export and import with
owner=user name option to move the complete schema owned by a
particualr user. How to do it in pgsql.
Thanks
chava